* svn problems with the gcc tree
@ 2008-03-19  5:41 Ben Elliston
From: Ben Elliston @ 2008-03-19  5:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

I hope this is the right place to report problems with svn in the GCC
tree.  I discovered a handful of files that were not merged into my
branch by svnmerge.  I figured I would bring them over by just copying
them and svn adding them.  However, on checkin, I get errors like this:

svn: File already exists: filesystem '/svn/gcc/db', transaction '133334-1', path '/branches/named-addr-spaces-branch/libstdc++-v3/doc/Makefile.in'

Any ideas?

Thanks, Ben

* Re: svn problems with the gcc tree
@ 2008-03-19 10:06 ` Daniel Berlin
From: Daniel Berlin @ 2008-03-19 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Elliston; +Cc: overseers

You have svn added a file that already appears to exist in the repository.
SVN tries to add it.
This fails miserably, since it already exists (and thus, should be
modified, not added).

This happens if you did an svnmerge on a client that wasn't updated to
the latest branch revision.