* Request from Nagajyothi Eggone
@ 2012-09-13  9:38 nagajyothi.eggone
From: nagajyothi.eggone @ 2012-09-13  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Nagajyothi Eggone would like to be added to sourceware.org.

For more information, check out:
http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/pdw/queue.cgi

Or, check the specific request here:
http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/pdw/details.cgi?file=9244692.21870

* Re: Request from Nagajyothi Eggone
@ 2012-09-13 14:51 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2012-09-13 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, nagajyothi.eggone; +Cc: nickc, amodra

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 09:37:39AM -0000, nagajyothi.eggone@amd.com wrote:
>Nagajyothi Eggone would like to be added to sourceware.org.
>
>For more information, check out:
>http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/pdw/queue.cgi
>
>Or, check the specific request here:
>http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/pdw/details.cgi?file=9244692.21870

I'm not clear on the protocol for giving someone binutils access.  I
thought it required an ok from Nick or Alan.  I've cc'ed them for
clarification.

* Re: Request from Nagajyothi Eggone
@ 2012-09-13 15:56   ` nick clifton
From: nick clifton @ 2012-09-13 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, nagajyothi.eggone, amodra

Hi Chris,

>> Nagajyothi Eggone would like to be added to sourceware.org.
>>
>> For more information, check out:
>> http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/pdw/queue.cgi
>>
>> Or, check the specific request here:
>> http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/pdw/details.cgi?file=9244692.21870
>
> I'm not clear on the protocol for giving someone binutils access.  I
> thought it required an ok from Nick or Alan.  I've cc'ed them for
> clarification.

I assume that this is similar to giving someone write access to the CVS
repository.

I am happy however to Eggone to be given an account, so please consider
this an OK from me.

Cheers
   Nick

* RE: Request from NagaJyothi Eggone
@ 2012-09-13 16:08     ` Eggone, NagaJyothi
From: Eggone, NagaJyothi @ 2012-09-13 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nick clifton, overseers, amodra
  Cc: aj, Eggone, NagaJyothi, Ekanathan, Saravanan

>> Nagajyothi Eggone would like to be added to sourceware.org.
>>
>> For more information, check out:
>> http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/pdw/queue.cgi
>>
>> Or, check the specific request here:
>> http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/pdw/details.cgi?file=9244692.21870
>
> I'm not clear on the protocol for giving someone binutils access.  I
> thought it required an ok from Nick or Alan.  I've cc'ed them for
> clarification.

> I assume that this is similar to giving someone write access to the CVS
> repository.

Yes, this request was for write access to the binutils CVS repository. This was made after discussing with Andreas Jaeger, who agreed to approve.

> I am happy however to Eggone to be given an account, so please consider
> this an OK from me.
>
> Cheers
>   Nick

Thanks Nick!

Regards,
NagaJyothi

* Re: Request from NagaJyothi Eggone
@ 2012-09-13 19:09       ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2012-09-13 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eggone, NagaJyothi, overseers, nick clifton, Ekanathan,
	Saravanan, aj, amodra

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 04:07:51PM +0000, Eggone, NagaJyothi wrote:

> [...]

Yes, I saw that.  Unfortunately, Andreas doesn't have approval writes for
this.  That was my point.

@ 2012-09-13 19:58         ` Andreas Jaeger
From: Andreas Jaeger @ 2012-09-13 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eggone, NagaJyothi, overseers, nick clifton, Ekanathan,
	Saravanan, amodra

> On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 04:07:51PM +0000, Eggone, NagaJyothi wrote:

Ah, ok. Sorry, I won't do it again for binutils,

Andreas

* RE: Request from NagaJyothi Eggone
@ 2012-09-14  5:04         ` Ekanathan, Saravanan
From: Ekanathan, Saravanan @ 2012-09-14  5:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Faylor, Eggone, NagaJyothi, overseers, nick clifton,
	aj, amodra

Hi Chris/Nick,
   Myself(Saravanan Ekanathan) and NagaJyothi are working in the same team for binutils and have posted few patches.
I checked in the below URL and mine is still in the queue. Could you please approve my request also for write-after-approval access?
Regards,
Saravanan

@ 2012-09-14  5:19           ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2012-09-14  5:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eggone, NagaJyothi, overseers, nick clifton, amodra, aj,
	Ekanathan, Saravanan

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 05:03:45AM +0000, Ekanathan, Saravanan wrote:
>Hi Chris/Nick,
>   Myself(Saravanan Ekanathan) and NagaJyothi are working in the same team for binutils and have posted few patches.
>I checked in the below URL and mine is still in the queue. Could you please approve my request also for write-after-approval access?

Try resubmitting your request but this time don't put an ampersand in your name.

* RE: Request from NagaJyothi Eggone
@ 2012-09-14  5:31             ` Ekanathan, Saravanan
From: Ekanathan, Saravanan @ 2012-09-14  5:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Faylor, Eggone, NagaJyothi, overseers, nick clifton,
	amodra, aj

Thanks Chris, I have re-submitted the request without ampersand in name.

@ 2012-09-14 14:11               ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2012-09-14 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eggone, NagaJyothi, overseers, nick clifton, aj, amodra,
	Ekanathan, Saravanan

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 05:31:05AM +0000, Ekanathan, Saravanan wrote:
>Thanks Chris, I have re-submitted the request without ampersand in name.

You used someone as your approver who is not authorized to approve
people for ssh access to binutils.  I guess I should have made it clear
that you needed Nick's approvial but, somehow, I thought it was obvious.

While, it's likely that Nick will have no problem with approving you it
is surprising that you would respond to a thread which discusses this
very issue and still use an incorrect approver.

* RE: Request from NagaJyothi Eggone
@ 2012-09-14 16:15                 ` Ekanathan, Saravanan
From: Ekanathan, Saravanan @ 2012-09-14 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Faylor, overseers, nick clifton, amodra

Hi Chris,
    I overlooked it, and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.  Please let me know what should be done from my end to correct it.