* Write after approval access to GCC SVN
@ 2015-05-14 21:13 Iain Buclaw
From: Iain Buclaw @ 2015-05-14 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: Jeff Law

Hi,

I'd like to request write after approval access to the GCC SVN
repository.  I already have an account on sourceware.org with GDB.  My
login should be ibuclaw@sourceware.org.

I've cc'd in my sponsor.

Regards
Iain.

* Re: Write after approval access to GCC SVN
@ 2015-05-15  4:50 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2015-05-15  4:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Iain Buclaw; +Cc: overseers, Jeff Law

Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw@gdcproject.org> writes:

> I'd like to request write after approval access to the GCC SVN
> repository.  I already have an account on sourceware.org with GDB.  My
> login should be ibuclaw@sourceware.org.

Done.

Ian

* Re: Write after approval access to GCC SVN
@ 2015-05-15  7:11   ` Iain Buclaw
From: Iain Buclaw @ 2015-05-15  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Lance Taylor; +Cc: overseers, Jeff Law

On 15 May 2015 at 06:49, Ian Lance Taylor <ian@airs.com> wrote:
> Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw@gdcproject.org> writes:
>
>> I'd like to request write after approval access to the GCC SVN
>> repository.  I already have an account on sourceware.org with GDB.  My
>> login should be ibuclaw@sourceware.org.
>
> Done.
>
> Ian

Thanks Ian,

I assume, like in GDB, adding myself to MAINTAINERS just requires a
cursory post to gcc-patches and can be committed prior without
approval.

Just one question though, is using git-svn a trusted way of pushing in
new commits?

https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GitMirror

@ 2015-05-15 12:34     ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2015-05-15 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Iain Buclaw; +Cc: overseers, Jeff Law

Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw@gdcproject.org> writes:

> I assume, like in GDB, adding myself to MAINTAINERS just requires a
> cursory post to gcc-patches and can be committed prior without
> approval.

Yes.

> Just one question though, is using git-svn a trusted way of pushing in
> new commits?

Sorry, I don't know.

Ian

* Re: Write after approval access to GCC SVN
@ 2015-05-15 14:46       ` Jeff Law
From: Jeff Law @ 2015-05-15 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Lance Taylor, Iain Buclaw; +Cc: overseers

On 05/15/2015 06:34 AM, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
>> Just one question though, is using git-svn a trusted way of pushing in
>> new commits?
>
> Sorry, I don't know.
Yes, I know a number of developers, myself included, are using git-svn
to push commits.

jeff