* ikiwiki question
@ 2016-05-06 17:56 Marian Csontos
From: Marian Csontos @ 2016-05-06 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hi there, we (LVM) were recommended to use ikiwiki for our
sourceware.org pages.

I have few questions:

1. Is this the correct place to ask? Or is there another list?

2. Is it possible to setup a git hook to rebuild the content or shall we
build it ourselves and push the html? And if so:
     - What version of ikiwiki is on the server?
     - Is multimarkdown installed? (I find the ikiwiki flavour of
markdown somewhat limited...)

Thanks,

-- Martian

* Re: ikiwiki question
@ 2016-05-06 18:08 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2016-05-06 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marian Csontos; +Cc: overseers

Hi -

> Hi there, we (LVM) were recommended to use ikiwiki for our sourceware.org
> pages.

We'd love to have you experiment.

> 1. Is this the correct place to ask? Or is there another list?

Yup.

> 2. Is it possible to setup a git hook to rebuild the content or shall we
> build it ourselves and push the html? And if so:
>     - What version of ikiwiki is on the server?
>     - Is multimarkdown installed? [...]

Yes, from EPEL6:

ikiwiki-3.20150614-1.el6.noarch
ikiwiki-w3m.noarch
perl-*LOTS*
perl-Text-MultiMarkdown-1.000032-1.el6.rf.noarch

So the base software is there, but not tied to any particular
repository or web server hierarchy or account.

Your account now has shell/logon access to sourceware.  Please
take a look around /sourceware/projects/lvm2-home and tell me
what else you need.  (See also irc.freenode.net #overseers.)

- FChE

* Re: ikiwiki question
@ 2016-05-06 18:35   ` Marian Csontos
From: Marian Csontos @ 2016-05-06 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Ch. Eigler; +Cc: overseers

On 05/06/2016 08:08 PM, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
> Hi -
>
>> Hi there, we (LVM) were recommended to use ikiwiki for our sourceware.org
>> pages.
>
> We'd love to have you experiment.
>
>> 1. Is this the correct place to ask? Or is there another list?
>
> Yup.
>
>> 2. Is it possible to setup a git hook to rebuild the content or shall we
>> build it ourselves and push the html? And if so:
>>      - What version of ikiwiki is on the server?
>>      - Is multimarkdown installed? [...]
>
> Yes, from EPEL6:
>
> ikiwiki-3.20150614-1.el6.noarch
> ikiwiki-w3m.noarch
> perl-*LOTS*
> perl-Text-MultiMarkdown-1.000032-1.el6.rf.noarch
>
> So the base software is there, but not tied to any particular
> repository or web server hierarchy or account.
>
> Your account now has shell/logon access to sourceware.  Please
> take a look around /sourceware/projects/lvm2-home and tell me
> what else you need.  (See also irc.freenode.net #overseers.)

Thanks! That will do.
I am experimenting inside a VM for now.
Now I also know what to install.

-- Marian