* Resetting my public key and gaining write access to glibc
@ 2019-03-15 18:50 Siva Chandra via overseers
From: Siva Chandra via overseers @ 2019-03-15 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hello overseers,

I have a sourceware.org account with username "sivachandra". I have write
access for binutils-gdb, and would now like to gain write access to glibc.
I will mainly be committing to the google/* branches.

Since it has been a few years that I last committed to the GDB repo, I have
lost the public key I set up for it. How do I restore my ssh credentials?

Thanks,
Siva Chandra

* Re: Resetting my public key and gaining write access to glibc
@ 2019-03-15 20:55 ` Carlos O'Donell
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2019-03-15 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Siva Chandra, overseers, Stan Shebs, Brooks Moses

On 3/15/19 2:49 PM, Siva Chandra via overseers wrote:
> Hello overseers,
>
> I have a sourceware.org account with username "sivachandra". I have write
> access for binutils-gdb, and would now like to gain write access to glibc.
> I will mainly be committing to the google/* branches.
>
> Since it has been a few years that I last committed to the GDB repo, I have
> lost the public key I set up for it. How do I restore my ssh credentials?

Siva,

Send me your authorized_keys file privately.

Please follow the the new maintainer process for glibc:
https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/MAINTAINERS#Becoming_a_maintainer_.28developer.29

I understand that your primary interest is in committing to the google/*
branches, but that permission still grants you access to the entire repo.

(1) You have copyright assignment via Google. Please consider a personal assignment also
     if you want to send patches from your own email address.

(2-5) Please setup the normal community accounts if you need them, at a minimum you need
       wiki edit access to add yourself as a developer (anyone in the community, including
       Stan or Brooks can give you EditorGroup access).

(6) Which steward for the project is granting you commit access? Feel free to ask me
     to grant the access.

(7) Don't forget to add yourself to the developers list, *and* the committer list for
     the google/* namespace:
     https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/GlibcGit#Branch_Name_Space_Conventions

Stan,

Do you authorize Siva to commit to the google/* branch namespace?

You should also add yourself to the developers list:
https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/MAINTAINERS#Maintainers_.28developers.29_for_libc

--
Cheers,
Carlos.

* Re: Resetting my public key and gaining write access to glibc
@ 2019-03-18 18:45   ` Stan Shebs via overseers
From: Stan Shebs via overseers @ 2019-03-18 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos O'Donell; +Cc: Siva Chandra, overseers, Brooks Moses

On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 3:55 PM Carlos O'Donell <codonell@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 3/15/19 2:49 PM, Siva Chandra via overseers wrote:
> > Hello overseers,
> >
> > I have a sourceware.org account with username "sivachandra". I have write
> > access for binutils-gdb, and would now like to gain write access to glibc.
> > I will mainly be committing to the google/* branches.
> >
> > Since it has been a few years that I last committed to the GDB repo, I have
> > lost the public key I set up for it. How do I restore my ssh credentials?
>
> Siva,
>
> Send me your authorized_keys file privately.
>
> Please follow the the new maintainer process for glibc:
> https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/MAINTAINERS#Becoming_a_maintainer_.28developer.29
>
> I understand that your primary interest is in committing to the google/*
> branches, but that permission still grants you access to the entire repo.
>
> (1) You have copyright assignment via Google. Please consider a personal assignment also
>      if you want to send patches from your own email address.
>
> (2-5) Please setup the normal community accounts if you need them, at a minimum you need
>        wiki edit access to add yourself as a developer (anyone in the community, including
>        Stan or Brooks can give you EditorGroup access).
>
> (6) Which steward for the project is granting you commit access? Feel free to ask me
>      to grant the access.
>
> (7) Don't forget to add yourself to the developers list, *and* the committer list for
>      the google/* namespace:
>      https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/GlibcGit#Branch_Name_Space_Conventions
>
> Stan,
>
> Do you authorize Siva to commit to the google/* branch namespace?

Yes, we're sucking him into the horror. :-)

* Re: Resetting my public key and gaining write access to glibc
@ 2019-03-28  4:17 ` Carlos O'Donell
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2019-03-28  4:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Siva Chandra, overseers

On 3/15/19 2:49 PM, Siva Chandra via overseers wrote:
> Hello overseers,
>
> I have a sourceware.org account with username "sivachandra". I have write
> access for binutils-gdb, and would now like to gain write access to glibc.
> I will mainly be committing to the google/* branches.
>
> Since it has been a few years that I last committed to the GDB repo, I have
> lost the public key I set up for it. How do I restore my ssh credentials?

Just to close the loop here I helped Siva.

This should all be resolved now.

--
Cheers,
Carlos.