* Re: Old CVS trees
@ 2000-11-05 16:04   ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2000-11-05 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: Joseph S. Myers

On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/gcccvsroot.tar.gz appears to be the final old gcc2
> CVS tree.  Perhaps this could go for ftp somewhere on gcc.gnu.org (e.g.,
> /pub/gcc/old-releases/old-cvs/)?  Something similar could be done for
> other obsolete CVS trees for what are now included in the main GCC
> repository, e.g. the old libstdc++-v3 repository before libstdc++-v3 was
> imported into the GCC one.

Good idea!  Could someone with appropriate access rights (root?) on
sources/gcc.gnu.org please do that?

Gerald

* Re: Old CVS trees
@ 2000-11-06  8:28     ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 2000-11-06  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerald Pfeifer; +Cc: overseers, Joseph S. Myers

  In message < Pine.BSF.4.30.0011060103170.15575-100000@deneb.dbai.tuwien.ac.at >
you write:
  > On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
  > > ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/gcccvsroot.tar.gz appears to be the final old gcc
  > 2
  > > CVS tree.  Perhaps this could go for ftp somewhere on gcc.gnu.org (e.g.,
  > > /pub/gcc/old-releases/old-cvs/)?  Something similar could be done for
  > > other obsolete CVS trees for what are now included in the main GCC
  > > repository, e.g. the old libstdc++-v3 repository before libstdc++-v3 was
  > > imported into the GCC one.
  >
  > Good idea!  Could someone with appropriate access rights (root?) on
  > sources/gcc.gnu.org please do that?
Not really necessary.  We have a branch for the old gcc2 sources, which
includes changes up to and including the Jan 9, 1999 snapshot.  Does that
tarball contain newer stuff?

jeff

* Re: Old CVS trees
@ 2000-11-06  9:05     ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 2000-11-06  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerald Pfeifer; +Cc: overseers, Joseph S. Myers

  In message < Pine.BSF.4.30.0011060103170.15575-100000@deneb.dbai.tuwien.ac.at >
you write:
  > On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
  > > ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/gcccvsroot.tar.gz appears to be the final old gcc
  > 2
  > > CVS tree.  Perhaps this could go for ftp somewhere on gcc.gnu.org (e.g.,
  > > /pub/gcc/old-releases/old-cvs/)?  Something similar could be done for
  > > other obsolete CVS trees for what are now included in the main GCC
  > > repository, e.g. the old libstdc++-v3 repository before libstdc++-v3 was
  > > imported into the GCC one.
  >
  > Good idea!  Could someone with appropriate access rights (root?) on
  > sources/gcc.gnu.org please do that?
oh, wait.  I mis-understood.  You want the actual CVS files.  Yea, I think
we can arrange for that.

jeff

* Re: Old CVS trees
@ 2000-12-30  6:08   ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerald Pfeifer; +Cc: overseers, Joseph S. Myers

  In message < Pine.BSF.4.30.0011060103170.15575-100000@deneb.dbai.tuwien.ac.at >
you write:
  > On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
  > > ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/gcccvsroot.tar.gz appears to be the final old gcc
  > 2
  > > CVS tree.  Perhaps this could go for ftp somewhere on gcc.gnu.org (e.g.,
  > > /pub/gcc/old-releases/old-cvs/)?  Something similar could be done for
  > > other obsolete CVS trees for what are now included in the main GCC
  > > repository, e.g. the old libstdc++-v3 repository before libstdc++-v3 was
  > > imported into the GCC one.
  >
  > Good idea!  Could someone with appropriate access rights (root?) on
  > sources/gcc.gnu.org please do that?
oh, wait.  I mis-understood.  You want the actual CVS files.  Yea, I think
we can arrange for that.

jeff

* Re: Old CVS trees
       [not found] <Pine.LNX.4.21.0010232300070.9825-100000@kern.srcf.societies.cam.ac.uk>