* Problems recovering password
@ 2021-02-12 19:03 Jerry DeLisle
From: Jerry DeLisle @ 2021-02-12 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hi,

Have tried to recover/reset my password to jvdelisle@gcc.gnu.org several
times.  The bugzilla website states it has sent a token to
jvdelisle@gcc.gnu.org, but it does not seem to arrive at
jvdelisle@charter.net.  If I send an email to the gcc.gno.org email it
does forward through to me.

Regardsless, something seems broken. Can you help.

Regards,

Jerry DeLisle

* Re: Problems recovering password
@ 2021-02-13  5:48 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2021-02-13  5:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jerry DeLisle; +Cc: overseers

On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 11:03:49AM -0800, Jerry DeLisle wrote:
>Have tried to recover/reset my password to jvdelisle@gcc.gnu.org
>several times.  The bugzilla website states it has sent a token to
>jvdelisle@gcc.gnu.org, but it does not seem to arrive at
>jvdelisle@charter.net.  If I send an email to the gcc.gno.org email
>it does forward through to me.
>
>Regardsless, something seems broken. Can you help.

I may be misinterpreting bugzilla's table structure but, AFAICT, you
seem to have four logins but none are jvdelisle@gcc.gnu.org:

MariaDB [bugs]> select login_name from profiles where login_name like 'jvdel%';
+------------------------+
| login_name             |
+------------------------+
| jvdelisle2@outlook.com |
| jvdelisle@charter.net  |
| jvdelisle@frontier.com |
| jvdelisle@verizon.net  |
+------------------------+

bugzilla claims to be sending a token when it isn't really which is a
fairly standard way of dealing with nonexistent accounts.  I just tried
resetting my own password and used the wrong email address a couple of
times with the same result.  I did get an email when I figured out the
right email address though.

cgf

* Re: Problems recovering password
@ 2021-02-13 17:35   ` Jerry DeLisle
From: Jerry DeLisle @ 2021-02-13 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hi Christopher,

jvdelisle@charter.net is current

The one at frontier.com can be deleted. That was my email many years
ago. I moved and switched to charter.  I think at some point in there
frontier spun off from verizon.

The current outlook addeess was an attempt for me to switch one to two
years ago.  I use it for other stuff, but not gcc work.

When I noticed I had no priviledges in bugzilla anymore as I did before
I noticed the browser had saved jvdelisle@gcc.gnu.org which does forward
to me.  I was told by some of the other gfortran folks that I need to
log on to that account.  When I tried to login in it failed to work so I
tried a password reset several times.  I also tried to create a new
account with that it it came back and said it existed.

Thus my confusion.  For bugzilla I would prefer to have a login of
jvdelisle@gcc.gnu.org and to have the update of PRs privileges.  The
others can go away except jvdelisle@gcc.gnu.org needs to forward to
jvdelisle@charter.net.

Should I try to create an account using jvdelisle@gcc.gnu.org?  It is
not so clear for me.

Regards,

Jerry

@ 2021-02-13 18:36     ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2021-02-13 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jvdelisle; +Cc: overseers

On Sat, Feb 13, 2021 at 09:35:10AM -0800, Jerry DeLisle wrote:
>jvdelisle@charter.net is current
>
>The one at frontier.com can be deleted. That was my email many years
>ago. I moved and switched to charter.  I think at some point in
>there frontier spun off from verizon.
>
>The current outlook address was an attempt for me to switch one to
>two years ago.  I use it for other stuff, but not gcc work.
>
>When I noticed I had no priviledges in bugzilla anymore as I did
>before I noticed the browser had saved jvdelisle@gcc.gnu.org which
>does forward to me.  I was told by some of the other gfortran folks
>that I need to log on to that account.  When I tried to login in it
>failed to work so I tried a password reset several times.  I also
>tried to create a new account with that it it came back and said it
>existed.
>
>Thus my confusion.  For bugzilla I would prefer to have a login of
>jvdelisle@gcc.gnu.org and to have the update of PRs privileges.  The
>others can go away except jvdelisle@gcc.gnu.org needs to forward to
>jvdelisle@charter.net.
>
>Should I try to create an account using jvdelisle@gcc.gnu.org?  It
>is not so clear for me.

I've changed jvdelisle@charter.net to jvdelisle@gcc.gnu.org in bugzilla
so that is now your login.

cgf

* Re: Problems recovering password
@ 2021-02-13 21:39       ` Jerry DeLisle
From: Jerry DeLisle @ 2021-02-13 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

On 2/13/21 10:36 AM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 13, 2021 at 09:35:10AM -0800, Jerry DeLisle wrote:
>> jvdelisle@charter.net is current
>>
>> The one at frontier.com can be deleted. That was my email many years
>> ago. I moved and switched to charter.  I think at some point in
>> there frontier spun off from verizon.
>>
>> The current outlook address was an attempt for me to switch one to
>> two years ago.  I use it for other stuff, but not gcc work.
>>
>> When I noticed I had no priviledges in bugzilla anymore as I did
>> before I noticed the browser had saved jvdelisle@gcc.gnu.org which
>> does forward to me.  I was told by some of the other gfortran folks
>> that I need to log on to that account.  When I tried to login in it
>> failed to work so I tried a password reset several times.  I also
>> tried to create a new account with that it it came back and said it
>> existed.
>>
>> Thus my confusion.  For bugzilla I would prefer to have a login of
>> jvdelisle@gcc.gnu.org and to have the update of PRs privileges.  The
>> others can go away except jvdelisle@gcc.gnu.org needs to forward to
>> jvdelisle@charter.net.
>>
>> Should I try to create an account using jvdelisle@gcc.gnu.org?  It