* Request from Chao-ying Fu
@ 2013-04-30 22:31 Chao-Ying.Fu
From: Chao-Ying.Fu @ 2013-04-30 22:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Chao-ying Fu would like to be added to sourceware.org.

For more information, check out:
http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/pdw/queue.cgi

Or, check the specific request here:
http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/pdw/details.cgi?file=5102162.21725

* Re: Request from Chao-ying Fu
@ 2013-04-30 22:56 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2013-04-30 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, Chao-Ying.Fu

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 10:31:03PM -0000, Chao-Ying.Fu@imgtec.com wrote:
>Chao-ying Fu would like to be added to sourceware.org.
>
>For more information, check out:
>http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/pdw/queue.cgi
>
>Or, check the specific request here:
>http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/pdw/details.cgi?file=5102162.21725

1) You already have an account on sourceware.org.

2) I believe that the rules are that you need to get permission from
Nick Clifton for checkin privileges to binutils.

* RE: Request from Chao-ying Fu
@ 2013-04-30 23:07   ` Chao-Ying Fu
From: Chao-Ying Fu @ 2013-04-30 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 3:56 PM
> To: overseers@sourceware.org; Chao-Ying Fu
> Subject: Re: Request from Chao-ying Fu
>
> On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 10:31:03PM -0000,
> Chao-Ying.Fu@imgtec.com wrote:
> >Chao-ying Fu would like to be added to sourceware.org.
> >
> >For more information, check out:
> >http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/pdw/queue.cgi
> >
> >Or, check the specific request here:
> >http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/pdw/details.cgi?file=5102162.21725
>
> 1) You already have an account on sourceware.org.
>
> 2) I believe that the rules are that you need to get permission from
> Nick Clifton for checkin privileges to binutils.

Hi Overseers,

  I have write permission to GCC and Binutils projects for many years.
I was able to use chaoyingfu@sources.redhat.com to contribute to both projects.

  However, since few months ago I cannot use the redhat account.
And both chaoyingfu@sourceware.org and chaoyingfu@gcc.gnu.org don't work, either.

Ex:
# cvs -z9 -d chaoyingfu@sourceware.org:/cvs/src co binutils
Permission denied (publickey).
cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

# cvs -z9 -d chaoyingfu@gcc.gnu.org:/cvs/src co binutils
Permission denied (publickey).
cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

  Could you help to fix my account issue?  And help to update my ssh public key with this file.

  Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Chao-ying

[-- Attachment #2: id_dsa.pub --]
[-- Type: application/x-mspublisher, Size: 602 bytes --]

* Re: Request from Chao-ying Fu
@ 2013-05-01  0:21     ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2013-05-01  0:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, Chao-Ying Fu

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 11:07:20PM +0000, Chao-Ying Fu wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 3:56 PM
>> To: overseers@sourceware.org; Chao-Ying Fu
>> Subject: Re: Request from Chao-ying Fu
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 10:31:03PM -0000,
>> Chao-Ying.Fu@imgtec.com wrote:
>> >Chao-ying Fu would like to be added to sourceware.org.
>> >
>> >For more information, check out:
>> >http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/pdw/queue.cgi
>> >
>> >Or, check the specific request here:
>> >http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/pdw/details.cgi?file=5102162.21725
>>
>> 1) You already have an account on sourceware.org.
>>
>> 2) I believe that the rules are that you need to get permission from
>> Nick Clifton for checkin privileges to binutils.
>>

>Hi Overseers,
>
>  I have write permission to GCC and Binutils projects for many years.
>I was able to use chaoyingfu@sources.redhat.com to contribute to both projects.
>
>  However, since few months ago I cannot use the redhat account.
>And both chaoyingfu@sourceware.org and chaoyingfu@gcc.gnu.org don't work, either.

The system hasn't been sources.redhat.com for some time.

What you're actually trying to communicate is that you're having
problems accessing CVS.  You've confused things by trying to issue
a new account request rather than ask for your key to be updated.

>Ex:
># cvs -z9 -d chaoyingfu@sourceware.org:/cvs/src co binutils
>Permission denied (publickey).
>cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)
>
># cvs -z9 -d chaoyingfu@gcc.gnu.org:/cvs/src co binutils
>Permission denied (publickey).
>cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)
>
>Could you help to fix my account issue?  And help to update my ssh
>public key with this file.

I've installed the new key.  You can update this yourself in the future via:

ssh sourceware.org updatekey < id_rsa.pub

(assuming that you haven't destroyed your old key)

You can also find out if sourceware.org understands your key via:

ssh sourceware.org alive

* RE: Request from Chao-ying Fu
@ 2013-05-01  0:28       ` Chao-Ying Fu
From: Chao-Ying Fu @ 2013-05-01  0:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

> The system hasn't been sources.redhat.com for some time.
>
> What you're actually trying to communicate is that you're having
> problems accessing CVS.  You've confused things by trying to issue
> a new account request rather than ask for your key to be updated.
>
> >Ex:
> ># cvs -z9 -d chaoyingfu@sourceware.org:/cvs/src co binutils
> >Permission denied (publickey).
> >cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult
> above messages if any)
> >
> ># cvs -z9 -d chaoyingfu@gcc.gnu.org:/cvs/src co binutils
> >Permission denied (publickey).
> >cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult
> above messages if any)
> >
> >Could you help to fix my account issue?  And help to update my ssh
> >public key with this file.
>
> I've installed the new key.  You can update this yourself in
> the future via:
>
> ssh sourceware.org updatekey < id_rsa.pub
>
> (assuming that you haven't destroyed your old key)
>
> You can also find out if sourceware.org understands your key via:
>
> ssh sourceware.org alive

Hi Overseers,

  Thanks a lot!  It works now.

Ex:
# ssh chaoyingfu@sourceware.org alive
Linux sourceware.org 2.6.32-358.2.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Feb 20 12:17:37 EST 20
13 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
 00:25:52 up 43 days,  8:46,  4 users,  load average: 2.39, 2.25, 2.04

Regards,
Chao-ying

* Request from Chao-ying Fu
@ 2005-11-18  1:47 fu
From: fu @ 2005-11-18  1:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Chao-ying Fu would like to be added to sourceware.org.

For more information, check out:
http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/pdw/queue.cgi

Or, check the specific request here:
http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/pdw/details.cgi?file=1709054.11593