* account gaius@gcc.gnu.org / bugzilla
@ 2022-01-13 16:51 Gaius Mulley
From: Gaius Mulley @ 2022-01-13 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hello Overseers,

I seem to be going around in circles trying to get access to bugzilla
(using gaius@gcc.gnu.org).  I have a normal account on bugzilla:
gaiusmod2@gmail.com and an account on sourceware (gaius) and ssh key
etc which I can git clone and git push onto a branch I maintain.
I gather I need to create a gaius@gcc.gnu.org account on bugzilla
so

I've set my sourceware email address to gaiusmod2@gmail.com using:

$ ssh gaius@gcc.gnu.org email gaiusmod2@gmail.com

[also added my name to the MAINTAINERS file in the gcc git repro]

and then try using the password reset on bugzilla (for the user
gaius@gcc.gnu.org) but nothing comes back (to gaiusmod2@gmail.com) - I
must be doing something wrong but I'm not sure what :-) (most likely a
misunderstanding on my part).

Any idea what I've done wrong?

many thanks,
Gaius

* Re: account gaius@gcc.gnu.org / bugzilla
@ 2022-01-13 17:15 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2022-01-13 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi -

I believe you were trying to create a sourceware bugzilla account.
(You already had logon access and a gcc bugzilla account.)
You now also have a sourceware bugzilla account, enjoy.

- FChE

* Re: account gaius@gcc.gnu.org / bugzilla
@ 2022-01-13 17:16   ` Gaius Mulley
From: Gaius Mulley @ 2022-01-13 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Frank Ch. Eigler" <fche@redhat.com> writes:

> Hi -
>
> I believe you were trying to create a sourceware bugzilla account.
> (You already had logon access and a gcc bugzilla account.)
> You now also have a sourceware bugzilla account, enjoy.
>
> - FChE

Hi Frank,

many thanks - and also thanks for such a quick reply

regards,

@ 2022-01-13 17:32   ` Gaius Mulley
From: Gaius Mulley @ 2022-01-13 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Frank Ch. Eigler" <fche@redhat.com> writes:

> Hi -
>
> I believe you were trying to create a sourceware bugzilla account.
> (You already had logon access and a gcc bugzilla account.)
> You now also have a sourceware bugzilla account, enjoy.
>
> - FChE

Hi Frank,

ah - but I think I need a @gcc.gnu.org account so I can change the
status of GCC bugzilla PRs.  So I was trying to get gaius@gcc.gnu.org up
and running on GCC Bugzilla - (happy with gaiusmod2@gcc.gnu.org either
way).  I thought the username@gcc.gnu.org had to match the sourceware
account username - but again I'm not 100% certain as it didn't work for
me - no email comes back if I reset the password for gaius@gcc.gnu.org

@ 2022-01-13 17:45     ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2022-01-13 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi -

OK, renamed your gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla account (only) to gaius@gcc.gnu.org
Please try that.

- FChE

* Re: account gaius@gcc.gnu.org / bugzilla
@ 2022-01-13 17:53       ` Gaius Mulley
From: Gaius Mulley @ 2022-01-13 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Frank Ch. Eigler" <fche@elastic.org> writes:

> Hi -
>
> OK, renamed your gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla account (only) to gaius@gcc.gnu.org
> Please try that.
>
> - FChE

Hi Frank,

awesome stuff - it works fine now thanks a lot!!

regards,
Gaius