* poke and autobuilder
@ 2022-11-18 16:30 Jose E. Marchesi
From: Jose E. Marchesi @ 2022-11-18 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hello.

Currently we are using the CI facilities at gitlab for GNU poke.
However, it seems we keep running out of tokens/cycles/whatever every
month.

We would like to explore the possibility of using the sourceware builder
for poke?  Note the sources are hosted in savannah (like many other GNU
programs) git://git.savannah.gnu.org/poke.git.

What would we need to do?
Thanks.

* Re: poke and autobuilder
@ 2022-11-18 17:50 ` Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2022-11-18 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Jose,

On Fri, 2022-11-18 at 17:30 +0100, Jose E. Marchesi via Overseers
wrote:
> Currently we are using the CI facilities at gitlab for GNU poke.
> However, it seems we keep running out of tokens/cycles/whatever every
> month.
>
> We would like to explore the possibility of using the sourceware
> builder
> for poke?  Note the sources are hosted in savannah (like many other
> GNU
> programs) git://git.savannah.gnu.org/poke.git.
>
> What would we need to do?

Join the builder project :)

git clone https://sourceware.org/git/builder.git

Read the README part about "How to add a new project"

Either know python enough to prepare a perfect patch following that
guide and sent it to buildbot@sourceware.org
Or almost get what is needed and provide some details to the
mailinglist asking if someone could turn that into valid python.

Cheers,

Mark

* Re: poke and autobuilder
@ 2022-11-18 18:02   ` Jose E. Marchesi
From: Jose E. Marchesi @ 2022-11-18 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On Fri, 2022-11-18 at 17:30 +0100, Jose E. Marchesi via Overseers
> wrote:
>> Currently we are using the CI facilities at gitlab for GNU poke.
>> However, it seems we keep running out of tokens/cycles/whatever every
>> month.
>>
>> We would like to explore the possibility of using the sourceware
>> builder
>> for poke?  Note the sources are hosted in savannah (like many other
>> GNU
>> programs) git://git.savannah.gnu.org/poke.git.
>>
>> What would we need to do?
>
> Join the builder project :)
>
> git clone https://sourceware.org/git/builder.git
>
> Read the README part about "How to add a new project"
>
> Either know python enough to prepare a perfect patch following that
> guide and sent it to buildbot@sourceware.org
> Or almost get what is needed and provide some details to the
> mailinglist asking if someone could turn that into valid python.

Will do, thanks.