From: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh@gotplt.org>
To: Ian Kelling <iank@fsf.org>,
	gdb@sourceware.org, Mark Wielaard <mark@klomp.org>,
	libc-alpha@sourceware.org, binutils@sourceware.org,
	gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: Toolchain Infrastructure project statement of support
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2022 21:29:09 -0400	[thread overview]

On 2022-10-23 17:59, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 23, 2022 at 05:17:40PM -0400, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:

>>> Stop spreading FUD.  The "we" in my statement above, from October 13,
>>> included fche, mjw, and myself.  You have no reason to be confused on
>>> this subject.
>>>

>> Nope, I'm not spreading FUD, in fact that statement of yours is perfectly
>> consistent with what I've said: the blocker at the moment is that the
>> sourceware overseers have refused to hand over the server *in its entirety*
>> to LF IT, not that any projects themselves have refused to move their
>> services to LF IT.  I don't doubt that the overseers will help in smooth
>> migration for projects that eventually state that they wish to move over.
>
> Your initial implication was that the unreasonable overseers would hold
> all projects hostage on our current infrastructure.

Absolutely not, you and I have had multiple exchanges on this list so
far and I'd have trusted you to take my statement above in the correct
context.  I did not even negate your statement when you stated that the
overseers would support seamless migration of services over to LF IT and
in fact supplemented[1] by saying that the transition would likely take
years.

> Now you've "clarified"
> that point by implying that we've been approached to transfer the server
> "in its entirety" to the LF and have unreasonably refused.

You literally have an email on the list with the subject like "Moving
sourceware to the Linux Foundation? no thanks".

> Both of those are FUD.  You're either intentionally trying to muddy the
> waters or you're just confused.  I'd submit that in either case you should
> just think about shutting up.  You have no special authority to speak for
> the GTI TAC and your increasingly hostile messages are not helping anyone.

It's funny that you're asking me to shut up and also implying that my
messages are hostile.

Sid

[1] https://sourceware.org/pipermail/overseers/2022q4/018987.html