* updating SSH key
@ 2006-10-26 20:04 Lee Millward
From: Lee Millward @ 2006-10-26 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hi,

Will it be possible to update my SSH key associated with yourselves
please? I've recently moved to a new system so I'm lost my old key and
would like to install a new one.

Many thanks,
Lee.

* Re: updating SSH key
@ 2006-10-26 20:27 ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2006-10-26 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lee Millward; +Cc: overseers

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006, Lee Millward wrote:
> Will it be possible to update my SSH key associated with yourselves
> please? I've recently moved to a new system so I'm lost my old key and
> would like to install a new one.           ^^^^

Not a direct answer, I know, but moving to a new system doesn't mean
you have to get yourself a new key.  These are usually stored in your
home directory, under $HOME/.ssh and you can easily move them to new
systems (or backup/restore them).

`man ssh` has further details, close to the end of the man page.

If you still have some access to the old system, that might be the
easiest way to regain access.

Gerald

* Re: updating SSH key
@ 2006-10-26 21:01   ` Lee Millward
From: Lee Millward @ 2006-10-26 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerald Pfeifer; +Cc: overseers

On 10/26/06, Gerald Pfeifer <gerald@pfeifer.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Oct 2006, Lee Millward wrote:
> > Will it be possible to update my SSH key associated with yourselves
> > please? I've recently moved to a new system so I'm lost my old key and
> > would like to install a new one.           ^^^^
>
> Not a direct answer, I know, but moving to a new system doesn't mean
> you have to get yourself a new key.  These are usually stored in your
> home directory, under $HOME/.ssh and you can easily move them to new
> systems (or backup/restore them).
>
> `man ssh` has further details, close to the end of the man page.
>
> If you still have some access to the old system, that might be the
> easiest way to regain access.
>
> Gerald

Unfortunately I don't have access to my old system anymore which is
why I was asking about installing a new key. I had planned to create a
copy of my SSH keys before the switch but i forgot :(

Cheers,
Lee.

* Re: updating SSH key
@ 2006-10-30 18:28     ` Lee Millward
From: Lee Millward @ 2006-10-30 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hi,

Just a quick follow-up to my original to see what I need to do
regarding updating my SSH key for SVN access?

Cheers,
Lee.

* Re: Updating SSH Key
       [not found]   ` <20171023045747.GA4262@ednor.casa.cgf.cx>
@ 2017-10-23  7:47     ` Rical Jasan
From: Rical Jasan @ 2017-10-23  7:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

> On Sun, Oct 22, 2017 at 05:37:22PM -0700, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
>> Rical Jasan <ricaljasan@pacific.net> writes:
>>> I also know of the "alive" command, but is there a command to list the
>>> commands? (Or somewhere they are documented on the website?)
>>
>> I don't know if the commands are listed anywhere.
>
> Some of them are mentoned here:
> https://sourceware.org/sourceware/ -> "account information"

Well that's everything I've needed to be able to do so far, anyway.

> OTOH, I don't know if sourceware.org/sourceware is listed anywhere.

I certainly never found it if it is...

> Bad commands wait 60 seconds before issuing an error as a crude attempt
> to stop automated guessing attacks.  They are logged immediately though.

Ahhh.  My scripts never wait that long (5s=WTH; 10s=CTL-C).  ;)

Rical

* Re: Updating SSH Key
@ 2017-10-23  3:56   ` Rical Jasan
       [not found]   ` <20171023045747.GA4262@ednor.casa.cgf.cx>
From: Rical Jasan @ 2017-10-23  3:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

On 10/22/2017 05:37 PM, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> You can use the "replacekey" command.
>     ssh USER@sourceware.org replacekey < NEWKEY

Thank you.  Updated just now.

> I don't know if the commands are listed anywhere.

Alright.  I tried "listcommands", "list", and "commands", since most of
them seem naturally named (e.g., "How do I replace my key?" ->
replacekey), and only got the hanging login, but it seemed worth a shot.

Rical

* Re: Updating SSH Key
@ 2017-10-23  0:37 ` Ian Lance Taylor
       [not found]   ` <20171023045747.GA4262@ednor.casa.cgf.cx>
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2017-10-23  0:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rical Jasan; +Cc: overseers

Rical Jasan <ricaljasan@pacific.net> writes:

> I would like to update my SSH key on sourceware.org (glibc repository),
> and I see instructions for that on [1], but it doesn't specify whether
> the old key remains valid for access.  I would like to replace the key.
> I do still have the old key.
>
> I also know of the "alive" command, but is there a command to list the
> commands? (Or somewhere they are documented on the website?)

You can use the "replacekey" command.
    ssh USER@sourceware.org replacekey < NEWKEY

I don't know if the commands are listed anywhere.

Ian

* Updating SSH Key
@ 2017-10-22  8:00 Rical Jasan
From: Rical Jasan @ 2017-10-22  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)