* Mercurial users
@ 2010-12-22  6:46 Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2010-12-22  6:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sourceware overseers; +Cc: dberlin

Hi fellow overseers,

The eCos project is switching from CVS to mercurial. One of the things
that was discussed and promised when doing so is that we should be able to
use hg-git to provide a git view into the mercurial master.

Sourceware's current mercurial is a rather elderly 1.2.1, from rpmforge.
That is still the latest version available for RHEL 4 from rpmforge.
However to put it in perspective, the current mercurial is 1.7.2.  hg-git
isn't installed, and they recommend at least hg 1.3 in any case.

So I would like to upgrade sourceware's mercurial, either directly from
upstream sources, or from a rebuild of a more recent source RPM. I would
like to understand who already uses mercurial and how they use it, so I
can tell how they may be affected, warn them when I'm upgrading, and
obviously avoid any breakage should I do so.

I know that Daniel Berlin set up an hg readonly mirror of GCC. I assume
that being very temporarily offline would not be a problem. I am most
interested in projects where mercurial may be being used for write access.

Daniel, if you did anything non-standard I'd need to be aware of, please
let me know.

So please get in touch if you manage (or know of) a project using
mercurial. If no-one replies, I'll assume there are no other users :-).

Jifl

* Re: Mercurial users
@ 2010-12-27  7:45 ` Daniel Berlin
From: Daniel Berlin @ 2010-12-27  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour; +Cc: Sourceware overseers

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 8:31 PM, Jonathan Larmour <jifl@jifvik.org> wrote:
> Hi fellow overseers,
>
> The eCos project is switching from CVS to mercurial. One of the things
> that was discussed and promised when doing so is that we should be able to
> use hg-git to provide a git view into the mercurial master.
>
> Sourceware's current mercurial is a rather elderly 1.2.1, from rpmforge.
> That is still the latest version available for RHEL 4 from rpmforge.
> However to put it in perspective, the current mercurial is 1.7.2.  hg-git
> isn't installed, and they recommend at least hg 1.3 in any case.
>
> So I would like to upgrade sourceware's mercurial, either directly from
> upstream sources, or from a rebuild of a more recent source RPM. I would
> like to understand who already uses mercurial and how they use it, so I
> can tell how they may be affected, warn them when I'm upgrading, and
> obviously avoid any breakage should I do so.
>
> I know that Daniel Berlin set up an hg readonly mirror of GCC. I assume
> that being very temporarily offline would not be a problem. I am most
> interested in projects where mercurial may be being used for write access.
>
> Daniel, if you did anything non-standard I'd need to be aware of, please
> let me know.
Nope, it's just hg-svn