* GCC Bugzilla
@ 2010-10-28 21:31 Paul Koning
From: Paul Koning @ 2010-10-28 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hi...

I just created a bugz account because I didn't have one (as far as I can tell).  It's under "ni1d@arrl.net", my alternate email address.

Question... I'm the target maintainer for pdp11, so I looked for bugs there; found three.  I would like to mark them as assigned to me but I don't have that privilege.  Can you enable that?  I don't know what the approval process is for that, if there is one; I searched a bit but did not find it.

Thanks!

	paul

* Re: GCC Bugzilla
@ 2010-10-28 21:38 ` Andrew Pinski
From: Andrew Pinski @ 2010-10-28 21:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Koning; +Cc: overseers

You should be able to use your @gcc.gnu.org account to do everything
on the GCC bugzilla.  That account has the correct privileges.

The easiest way to do this is do "forgot passport" and use your @gcc
email address.  This will sent the information to where your
@gcc.gnu.org is forwarded to.
if you need to change the forwarding address use:
ssh account@gcc.gnu.org email newemailaddress

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski

* Re: GCC Bugzilla
@ 2010-10-29  0:31   ` Paul Koning
From: Paul Koning @ 2010-10-29  0:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Pinski; +Cc: overseers

Thanks, I'm all set now.

	paul

On Oct 28, 2010, at 5:38 PM, Andrew Pinski wrote:

> You should be able to use your @gcc.gnu.org account to do everything
> on the GCC bugzilla.  That account has the correct privileges.
>
> The easiest way to do this is do "forgot passport" and use your @gcc
> email address.  This will sent the information to where your
> @gcc.gnu.org is forwarded to.
> if you need to change the forwarding address use:
> ssh account@gcc.gnu.org email newemailaddress
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew Pinski

* gcc bugzilla
@ 2023-11-30  5:14 Joern Rennecke
From: Joern Rennecke @ 2023-11-30  5:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

When I try to go to https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/ (e.g. following the
bug data base link from the gcc .homepage), I get web page with an
error message:

Software error:

Can't connect to the database.
Error: Too many connections
  Is your database installed and up and running?
  Do you have the correct username and password selected in localconfig?

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (root@localhost), giving
this error message and the time and date of the error.

* GCC Bugzilla
@ 2017-03-30 10:20 Alfred Agrell
From: Alfred Agrell @ 2017-03-30 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hello, apparently I'm supposed to ask here rather than fill in the
registration form.

It appears that g++ ignores register assignments in template functions.
Would you mind creating an account for me so I can report it?

Alternatively, if you'd rather submit it yourself, here's the testcase:

template<int foo>
void bar()
{
     register int baz asm("NOT-A-REGISTER-SHOULD-REPORT-ERROR");
}
template void bar<0>();

* GCC bugzilla
@ 2017-03-12  9:46 joris
From: joris @ 2017-03-12  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hi,

I wanted to create a user account for GCC bugzilla in order to file a bug.

In case you have a place for such report, a summary is here :

The diagnostic -Wmaybe-uninitialized does not print the offending line
if the offending code happens inside a function-like macro

GCC 7.0 snapshot 7.0.1 20170305 (experimental)

macros.h:

#define print_int(x) print_it("%d",(x))

code.c:

#include "macros.h"

extern void print_it(const char *fmt, int i);

void test(void)

{

   int unint;

   print_int(uninit);

}

gcc  -c -Wall test.c

In file included from test.c:1:0:
test.c: In function 'test':
macros.h:1:22: warning: 'uninit' is used uninitialized in this function
[-Wuninitialized]
  #define print_int(x) print_it("%d",(x))
                       ^~~~~~~~
test.c:7:7: note: 'uninit' was declared here
    int uninit;
        ^~~~~~

so the offending line print_int() is not shown.

Regards,

Joris Wu

* GCC bugzilla
@ 2016-10-07 15:37 nicolas bouillot
From: nicolas bouillot @ 2016-10-07 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hi, I would like to make a feature request. I am not sure GCC bugzilla
is the right place for that, but if it is, I would like to open an
account.

Basically, I would like GCC to have the option to print compilation
error in reversed order, i.e. the first being printed last, etc. When
compiling from the terminal, it would avoid scrolling all day in order
to get the first error.

Nicolas