* Internal error from XML-RPC endpoint at http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/
@ 2011-05-17  9:41 Gavin Panella
From: Gavin Panella @ 2011-05-17  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hi,

Launchpad.net tries to follow the status of several bugs on your
Bugzilla at http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/. You can see the full list
at:

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/bugtrackers/sourceware-bugs

For newer versions of Bugzilla, like the one at sourceware.org,
Launchpad tries to make use of Bugzilla's XML-RPC API. However, when
it probes for XML-RPC support, sourceware.org returns an internal
server error.

Launchpad can still get the status of bugs, but the XML-RPC API is a
bit more efficient. It also makes it possible for Launchpad to
download comments (it displays them alongside the conversation on the
Launchpad bug, and links back to your site if someone wants to
reply).

I've been contacted by a user who would like to see the bug comments
from your Bugzilla while he's working in Launchpad (I suspect he's
involved in packaging the software). Is there a chance you could
enable or fix the XML-RPC support in your Bugzilla?

Please contact me if you want more information:

  https://launchpad.net/~allenap

Thanks!

Gavin.

* Re: Internal error from XML-RPC endpoint at http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/
@ 2011-05-25 13:36 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2011-05-25 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gavin Panella; +Cc: overseers

Hi -

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 10:40:51AM +0100, Gavin Panella wrote:
> [...]
>   https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/bugtrackers/sourceware-bugs
> For newer versions of Bugzilla, like the one at sourceware.org,
> Launchpad tries to make use of Bugzilla's XML-RPC API. However, when
> it probes for XML-RPC support, sourceware.org returns an internal
> server error. [...]

I believe I installed the needed perl prerequisite to make xmlrpc work.
Please confirm.

- FChE

* Re: Internal error from XML-RPC endpoint at http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/
@ 2011-05-25 14:10   ` Gavin Panella
From: Gavin Panella @ 2011-05-25 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Ch. Eigler; +Cc: overseers

On 25 May 2011 14:35, Frank Ch. Eigler <fche@redhat.com> wrote:
[...]
> I believe I installed the needed perl prerequisite to make xmlrpc work.
> Please confirm.

Yes, brilliant, that's working now. You can see what it looks like
here:

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/binutils-linaro/+bug/772200

There is a warning that Launchpad was unable to set the remote bug's
link back to the relevant Launchpad bug, but that feature requires
Launchpad to authenticate with your bug tracker. It's not needed, but
if you'd like to enable just let me know (or make a request at
https://answers.launchpad.net/launchpad).

One more thing: can I record overseers@sourceware.org as a contact
address for this bug tracker?

Thank you!

@ 2011-05-25 14:41     ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2011-05-25 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gavin Panella; +Cc: Sourceware Overseers

Hi -

> There is a warning that Launchpad was unable to set the remote bug's
> link back to the relevant Launchpad bug, but that feature requires
> Launchpad to authenticate with your bug tracker. [...]

No opinion.

> One more thing: can I record overseers@sourceware.org as a contact
> address for this bug tracker?

Sure.

- FChE

* Re: Internal error from XML-RPC endpoint at http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/
@ 2011-05-25 14:49       ` Gavin Panella
From: Gavin Panella @ 2011-05-25 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Ch. Eigler; +Cc: Sourceware Overseers

On 25 May 2011 15:41, Frank Ch. Eigler <fche@redhat.com> wrote:
[...]
>> There is a warning that Launchpad was unable to set the remote bug's
>> link back to the relevant Launchpad bug, but that feature requires
>> Launchpad to authenticate with your bug tracker. [...]
>
> No opinion.

Okay, I'll leave this until someone specifically requests it.