* cygwin-apps
@ 2015-11-21 17:04 Schulman, Andrew
From: Schulman, Andrew @ 2015-11-21 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hi. I've been trying to get someone's attention on the problem of how to allow users to post to the cygwin-apps mailing list through gmane.  I wrote to cygwin-apps-owner first, then postmaster.  That was two months ago, and I've had no response.  Can you please help?  Thanks, Andrew

From: Andrew Schulman <schulman.andrew@epa.gov>

That address is subscribed to the cygwin-apps list, and I use it to post there regularly.  This message was different though, in that it came through Gmane.  In Gmane I posted a message to the gmane.os.cygwin.applications group, and Gmane forwarded the message as email to cygwin-apps@cygwin.com.  That's what Gmane does.

Do you know why the message was rejected, and whether that can be fixed?  It would be nice if we could post messages to cygwin-apps through Gmane.

Thanks,
Andrew

Sorry, I've been told to reject your posts.
See http://sourceware.org/lists.html#sourceware-list-info for more information.
Contact cygwin-apps-owner@cygwin.com if you have questions about this. (#5.7.2)

To: cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
From: Andrew Schulman <schulman.andrew@epa.gov>
Subject: gmane now allows posting directly to cygwin-apps
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2015 03:22:53 -0400

Gmane users can now post directly to cygwin-apps as a newsgroup
(gmane.os.cygwin.applications).  You no longer have to send email to
cygwin-apps.  You still have to be subscribed to the list, though.  Andrew

* Re: cygwin-apps
@ 2000-12-30  6:08 ` Jason Molenda
From: Jason Molenda @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Faylor; +Cc: overseers

On Wed, Apr 26, 2000 at 03:34:57PM -0400, Chris Faylor wrote:
> It looks like we need another mailing list for discussing the porting
> and maintaining of applications on cygwin.
>
> Can I ask some kind sysadmin type person to set up a cygwin-apps
> mailing list?  It should be set up exactly the same as cygwin-developers,
> i.e., only subscribers can send email to it and subscription requires
> approval from me.

NB this is not part of the standard list documentation ('cause
there are only two or three lists set up like this).

You need to add one or two options to ezmlm-make to specify a list with
only-list-members-may-post and approval-needed-to-subscribe.  You can look
at the man page, or look at /qmail/lists-sourceware/cygwin-developers/config.
The first line of that file shows the command line options that were used to
create it.

 (NB this is the 'old style' config file -- the lists that have been created
  recently have the options used in lower case and the options not used in
  upper case.)

> I can't remember if this is all possible using ezmlm remote administration
> commands.  If it is possible, I'll deal with that part.

No, unfortunately this is integral to the way the list is set up at the
beginning and needs to be done by a system admin.

* cygwin-apps
@ 2000-12-30  6:08 Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

It looks like we need another mailing list for discussing the porting
and maintaining of applications on cygwin.

Can I ask some kind sysadmin type person to set up a cygwin-apps
mailing list?  It should be set up exactly the same as cygwin-developers,
i.e., only subscribers can send email to it and subscription requires
approval from me.

I can't remember if this is all possible using ezmlm remote administration
commands.  If it is possible, I'll deal with that part.

Can someone set this up for me?

cgf

* Re: cygwin-apps
@ 2000-04-26 14:45   ` Jason Molenda