* Getting write access to the gcc repository
@ 2015-10-22 19:54 Kelvin Nilsen
From: Kelvin Nilsen @ 2015-10-22 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcemaster, overseers

Hi,

I'm working with IBM on gcc support for PowerPC.  I already have an
account: kelvin@gcc.gnu.org.

I believe this account already is aware of my public key ~/.ssh/id_dsa.pub.

What I seem to be missing at the moment is authorization to write to the
svn repository.  Will you please help set this up for me?

(I'm not sure if you are the right person to issue this request to. The
page: https://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/pdw/ps_form.cgi tells me that if I
already have an account, I should not fill out the form, but should
instead send an "email to the overseers email account at this site".  I
could find no further description of "overseers" on the web site.)

If you need someone to authenticate that this is an appropriate request,
feel free to check with David Edelsohn: dje.gcc@gmail.com

Thank you for your help.

* Re: Getting write access to the gcc repository
@ 2015-10-22 21:19 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2015-10-22 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kelvin Nilsen; +Cc: overseers

Hi -

> [...]
> What I seem to be missing at the moment is authorization to write to the
> svn repository.  Will you please help set this up for me?

You are already a member of the "gcc" group.

- FChE

* Re: Getting write access to the gcc repository
@ 2015-10-23  7:11   ` Kelvin Nilsen
From: Kelvin Nilsen @ 2015-10-23  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Ch. Eigler; +Cc: overseers

So should that give me write access?  I'm getting error messages when I
try to create a branch.  I was assuming this was because I did not have
write authorization.  Do you have access to any log files that would
help explain why this operation is failing?

Thanks.

  kelvin@genoa:~/gcc$ svn copy svn://gcc.gnu.org/svn/gcc/trunk
svn://gcc.gnu.org/svn/gcc/branches/ibm/kelvin-1
svn: E170001: Authorization failed
svn: E170001: Your commit message was left in a temporary file:
svn: E170001:    'svn-commit.5.tmp'
kelvin@genoa:~/gcc$

@ 2015-10-27 16:38     ` Andrew Pinski
From: Andrew Pinski @ 2015-10-27 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kelvin Nilsen; +Cc: Frank Ch. Eigler, overseers

On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 5:19 AM, Kelvin Nilsen
<kdnilsen@linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
> So should that give me write access?  I'm getting error messages when I try
> to create a branch.  I was assuming this was because I did not have write
> authorization.  Do you have access to any log files that would help explain
> why this operation is failing?

Because you are using svn instead of svn+ssh to do the copy.

Thanks,
Andrew