* Re: public key
       [not found] ` <CACYR8yMjw_kDWMgMdWOnC0JL1vx5XxgUcT7uZUiKoJg=HtMvKA@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2024-04-16 13:18   ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2024-04-16 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jie Zhang; +Cc: overseers

On 16/04/2024 14:12, Jie Zhang wrote:
> Please reply
>
> On Thu, Apr 11, 2024 at 3:01 PM Jie Zhang <jzhang918@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Jon,
>>
>> I need to update my public key to ED25519 for git ssh access on
>> sourceware.org. Is it correct for me to send the new public key to
>> cygwin-apps@sourceware.org ?

No.

I don't know what could have lead you to believe that personally
contacting me is the way to resolve this, but I'd be obliged if you
could point out the source of this disinformation so I can get it corrected.

If you still have an old key, you can add a new key using the
self-service methods described at [1]

Otherwise, ask on overseers@sourceware.org

[1] https://www.sourceware.org/sourceware/accountinfo.html

* Re: public key
@ 2024-04-16 13:28     ` Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2024-04-16 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jon Turney via Overseers; +Cc: Jie Zhang, Jon Turney

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 16, 2024 at 02:18:15PM +0100, Jon Turney via Overseers wrote:
> On 16/04/2024 14:12, Jie Zhang wrote:
> >On Thu, Apr 11, 2024 at 3:01 PM Jie Zhang <jzhang918@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >>I need to update my public key to ED25519 for git ssh access on
> >>sourceware.org. Is it correct for me to send the new public key to
> >>cygwin-apps@sourceware.org ?
>
> No.
>
> I don't know what could have lead you to believe that personally
> contacting me is the way to resolve this, but I'd be obliged if you
> could point out the source of this disinformation so I can get it
> corrected.
>
> If you still have an old key, you can add a new key using the
> self-service methods described at [1]
>
> Otherwise, ask on overseers@sourceware.org

Note that overseers is a public list. There is also
admin-requests@sourceware.org which is a private list where you can
ask questions about your account.

See also https://sourceware.org/mission.html#organization for other
ways to contact the different sourceware admins.

> [1] https://www.sourceware.org/sourceware/accountinfo.html

Cheers,

Mark

* Re: public key
@ 2024-04-16 15:04     ` Jie Zhang
From: Jie Zhang @ 2024-04-16 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jon Turney; +Cc: overseers

Hi Jon,

Sorry for sending emails to you privately.

On Tue, Apr 16, 2024 at 9:18 AM Jon Turney <jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk> wrote:

> On 16/04/2024 14:12, Jie Zhang wrote:
> > Please reply
> >
> > On Thu, Apr 11, 2024 at 3:01 PM Jie Zhang <jzhang918@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Jon,
> >>
> >> I need to update my public key to ED25519 for git ssh access on
> >> sourceware.org. Is it correct for me to send the new public key to
> >> cygwin-apps@sourceware.org ?
>
> No.
>
> I don't know what could have lead you to believe that personally
> contacting me is the way to resolve this, but I'd be obliged if you
> could point out the source of this disinformation so I can get it corrected.

I googled and found this

https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin-apps/2023-November/043296.html

and this

https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin-apps/2024-January/043419.html

I thought maybe cygwin-apps might be the mailing list I should send my
new public key, but the mailing list name looks not for this purpose.
That's why I asked privately to make sure this is the right way to
update my key.

> If you still have an old key, you can add a new key using the
> self-service methods described at [1]
>
> Otherwise, ask on overseers@sourceware.org
>
> [1] https://www.sourceware.org/sourceware/accountinfo.html

Thank you, I will try.

Jie

* Re: public key
@ 2024-04-19  3:35       ` Jie Zhang
From: Jie Zhang @ 2024-04-19  3:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Wielaard; +Cc: Jon Turney via Overseers, Jon Turney

Hi Mark,

On Tue, Apr 16, 2024 at 9:28 AM Mark Wielaard <mark@klomp.org> wrote:
> Note that overseers is a public list. There is also
> admin-requests@sourceware.org which is a private list where you can
> ask questions about your account.

Thanks!

Jie