* DMARC-aware version of ezmlm-send
@ 2020-01-20 22:20 Lee
From: Lee @ 2020-01-20 22:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Wasn't this fixed in 2016 by cgf?

> Messages to you from the cygwin-announce mailing list seem to
> have been bouncing.
> Remote host said: 550-5.7.26 Unauthenticated email from epa.gov is not accepted due to domain's
> 550-5.7.26 DMARC policy.

ezlm-send fix notification:
From: cygwin-announce-help@cygwin.com
Date: 20 Jan 2020 21:15:09 -0000
Subject: ezmlm warning
To: ler762@gmail.com

cygwin-announce@cygwin.com mailing list.

Messages to you from the cygwin-announce mailing list seem to
message I received.

I will remove your address from the cygwin-announce mailing list,
without further notice.

I've kept a list of which messages from the cygwin-announce mailing list have
bounced from your address.

send an empty message to:
   <cygwin-announce-get.123_145@cygwin.com>

send an empty message to:
   <cygwin-announce-index@cygwin.com>

Here are the message numbers:

   9379

Date: 8 Jan 2020 18:08:16 -0000
From: MAILER-DAEMON@sourceware.org
To: cygwin-announce-return-9379-@cygwin.com
Subject: failure notice

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at sourceware.org.

<ler762@gmail.com>:
User and password not set, continuing without authentication.
<ler762@gmail.com> 64.233.180.27 failed after I sent the message.
Remote host said: 550-5.7.26 Unauthenticated email from epa.gov is not
accepted due to domain's
550-5.7.26 DMARC policy. Please contact the administrator of epa.gov domain if
550-5.7.26 this was a legitimate mail. Please visit
550-5.7.26  https://support.google.com/mail/answer/2451690 to learn about the
550 5.7.26 DMARC initiative. g4si273934oia.179 - gsmtp

* Re: DMARC-aware version of ezmlm-send
@ 2020-01-21  2:04 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2020-01-21  2:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lee; +Cc: overseers

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 05:20:19PM -0500, Lee wrote:
>Wasn't this fixed in 2016 by cgf?
>
>ezlm-send fix notification:

So, are you saying it took you 3+ years to notice that it wasn't fixed
or that something stopped working recently?

* Re: DMARC-aware version of ezmlm-send
@ 2020-01-21  3:46   ` Lee
From: Lee @ 2020-01-21  3:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

On 1/20/20, Christopher Faylor
<cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please@sourceware.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 05:20:19PM -0500, Lee wrote:
>>Wasn't this fixed in 2016 by cgf?
>>
>>ezlm-send fix notification:
>
> So, are you saying it took you 3+ years to notice that it wasn't fixed
> or that something stopped working recently?

I'm saying this was the first cygwin bounce warning message I've seen
in ... I don't remember how long.  So it seems like a recent thing,
but it's possible that I just haven't been paying enough attention

Lee