* Could not add cauldron 2013 videos to gcc wiki
@ 2013-07-24 20:57 Diego Novillo
From: Diego Novillo @ 2013-07-24 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

I tried adding all the videos from Cauldron 2013 to
http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki but ran into the following error as I tried to
save:

Sorry, can not save page because "youtube.com" is not allowed in this wiki.

This seems counterproductive and naive.  What's the actual reason?

Thanks.  Diego.

* Re: Could not add cauldron 2013 videos to gcc wiki
@ 2013-07-25  0:39 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2013-07-25  0:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Diego Novillo; +Cc: overseers

Hi -

> Sorry, can not save page because "youtube.com" is not allowed in this wiki.
> This seems counterproductive and naive.  What's the actual reason?

I assume it's an anti-linkspam measure.

- FChE

* Re: Could not add cauldron 2013 videos to gcc wiki
@ 2013-07-25 11:20 ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2013-07-25 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Diego Novillo; +Cc: overseers

Hi Diego,

On Wed, 24 Jul 2013, Diego Novillo wrote:
> I tried adding all the videos from Cauldron 2013 to
> http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki but ran into the following error as I tried to
> save:
>
> Sorry, can not save page because "youtube.com" is not allowed in this wiki.

how about if we put those on the FTP site or elsewhere on the WWW
server?  (Not sure a Wiki is the best place for larger bits of data
like this.)

I'll be happy to work this out together.

Gerald

* Re: Could not add cauldron 2013 videos to gcc wiki
@ 2013-07-25 12:39   ` Diego Novillo
From: Diego Novillo @ 2013-07-25 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerald Pfeifer; +Cc: overseers

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 7:19 AM, Gerald Pfeifer <gerald@pfeifer.com> wrote:
> Hi Diego,
>
> On Wed, 24 Jul 2013, Diego Novillo wrote:
>> I tried adding all the videos from Cauldron 2013 to
>> http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki but ran into the following error as I tried to
>> save:
>>
>> Sorry, can not save page because "youtube.com" is not allowed in this wiki.
>
> how about if we put those on the FTP site or elsewhere on the WWW
> server?  (Not sure a Wiki is the best place for larger bits of data
> like this.)

Each video is about 5Gb.  There are 23 of them.  Hosting them on
youtube and putting links from the wiki is the most efficient way to
link them.

If anyone offers to convert/compress them to something more compact, I
will happily share the raw footage with them.

In the meantime, I have changed all the URLs to point to youtube.ca.
That defeats this silly check.  Can the check be removed, please?  It
makes zero sense.

Diego.