* sourceware.org overseer/contributor commemorative design
@ 2019-12-23 22:36 Frank Ch. Eigler
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2019-12-23 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hi -

As a little bit of recognition for the folks who keep sourceware
going, I designed a commemorative illustration for all the projects
and people who have been relying on us since 1998, when the original
sources.cygnus.com server came online.

Here it is: https://web.elastic.org/~fche/sourceware.png, and its
inkscape source is https://web.elastic.org/~fche/sourceware.svg .

If you like it, feel free to use/remix it.  If you really like it,
feel invited to get it printed onto physical goods with a service such
as cafepress or zazzle.  I'd love to hear from old timers or current
active overseers who would enjoy a physical version as a gift in
appreciation of their work over the years.  Get in touch, and we may
be able to get you a little something.

- FChE

* Re: sourceware.org overseer/contributor commemorative design
@ 2019-12-23 22:59 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2019-12-23 22:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Ch. Eigler; +Cc: overseers

"Frank Ch. Eigler" <fche@elastic.org> writes:

> As a little bit of recognition for the folks who keep sourceware
> going, I designed a commemorative illustration for all the projects
> and people who have been relying on us since 1998, when the original
> sources.cygnus.com server came online.
>
> Here it is: https://web.elastic.org/~fche/sourceware.png, and its
> inkscape source is https://web.elastic.org/~fche/sourceware.svg .
>
> If you like it, feel free to use/remix it.  If you really like it,
> feel invited to get it printed onto physical goods with a service such
> as cafepress or zazzle.  I'd love to hear from old timers or current
> active overseers who would enjoy a physical version as a gift in
> appreciation of their work over the years.  Get in touch, and we may
> be able to get you a little something.

Very nice.

Ian

* Re: sourceware.org overseer/contributor commemorative design
@ 2019-12-27 12:05 ` Carlos O'Donell
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2019-12-27 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Ch. Eigler; +Cc: Overseers

On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 5:43 PM Frank Ch. Eigler <fche@elastic.org> wrote:
> As a little bit of recognition for the folks who keep sourceware
> going, I designed a commemorative illustration for all the projects
> and people who have been relying on us since 1998, when the original
> sources.cygnus.com server came online.
>
> Here it is: https://web.elastic.org/~fche/sourceware.png, and its
> inkscape source is https://web.elastic.org/~fche/sourceware.svg .
>
> If you like it, feel free to use/remix it.  If you really like it,
> feel invited to get it printed onto physical goods with a service such
> as cafepress or zazzle.  I'd love to hear from old timers or current
> active overseers who would enjoy a physical version as a gift in
> appreciation of their work over the years.  Get in touch, and we may
> be able to get you a little something.

Wow! That's very cool!

Has sourceware ever had a unique symbol for t-shirts and stickers?

Cheers,
Carlos.

* Re: sourceware.org overseer/contributor commemorative design
@ 2019-12-27 12:10 ` Carlos O'Donell
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2019-12-27 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Ch. Eigler; +Cc: Overseers

On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 5:43 PM Frank Ch. Eigler <fche@elastic.org> wrote:
> Here it is: https://web.elastic.org/~fche/sourceware.png, and its
> inkscape source is https://web.elastic.org/~fche/sourceware.svg .

This is a really nice holiday gift for the 22nd or 0x16  anniversary :-)

Thank you for all of the work you put into this Frank. I had to use
the svg to find my own name!

Cheers,
Carlos.