* Commits not picked by Bugzilla
@ 2013-03-23 11:26 Paolo Carlini
From: Paolo Carlini @ 2013-03-23 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hi,

just in case isn't clear to everyone, I wanted to mention that, as
clarified by Jakub here:

     http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-bugs/2013-03/msg01612.html

right now svnmailer doesn't propagate to Bugzilla at all.

Of course that can be very confusing, in particular in case of backports
of patches committed to mainline before the upgrade. Is it possible to
restore the functionality? Otherwise the issue should be given higher
exposure, I think, and contributors specifically asked to manually keep
the Bugzilla entries updated.

Thanks!
Paolo.

* Re: Commits not picked by Bugzilla
@ 2013-03-23 21:47 ` Daniel Berlin
From: Daniel Berlin @ 2013-03-23 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paolo Carlini; +Cc: overseers

Wow, this is  blast from the past.

It used to be that svnmailer didn't work with the subversion version
we were running, so it was a complete hack.
The current version of (subversion, svnmailer) should work fine together.

I have not looked to see if the email message style changed

@ 2013-03-23 23:22   ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2013-03-23 23:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, Paolo Carlini, Daniel Berlin

On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 02:47:10PM -0700, Daniel Berlin wrote:
>Wow, this is  blast from the past.
>
>It used to be that svnmailer didn't work with the subversion version
>we were running, so it was a complete hack.
>The current version of (subversion, svnmailer) should work fine together.
>
>I have not looked to see if the email message style changed

We are using the current version of both but people are complaining
about bugzilla links in the most recent version of svnmailer.

cgf

* Re: Commits not picked by Bugzilla
@ 2013-03-23 23:40     ` Daniel Berlin
From: Daniel Berlin @ 2013-03-23 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, Paolo Carlini, Daniel Berlin

Interesting.
I don't remember manually writing support in svnmailer for bugzilla,
but looking at the latest source, it doesn't support bugzilla, so i
must have.

You have two real options if you don't feel like trying to patch what
I did back into svnmailer:

On the SVN side, here is a sanely written post commit script:
https://github.com/ylc/svn_bugzilla_notify_script
On the Bugzilla side, now that you have a relatively new bugzilla, you
could use https://code.google.com/p/bugzilla-vcs/ which is broader
than just VC/comment integration, but also does that.

@ 2013-03-25 15:17       ` Paolo Carlini
From: Paolo Carlini @ 2013-03-25 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Berlin; +Cc: overseers

.. judging by gcc-bugs, everything works great now: thanks!

@ 2013-03-25 20:44         ` Paolo Carlini
From: Paolo Carlini @ 2013-03-25 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Berlin; +Cc: overseers

.. of course I misread some manually added messages. Anyway, I see that
the issue is very clear to the concerned people.

@ 2013-03-25 20:50           ` Daniel Berlin
From: Daniel Berlin @ 2013-03-25 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paolo Carlini; +Cc: overseers

Yes, but someone still needs to do something :)