* Changes in Mail-list to Web integration.
@ 2020-03-09  9:40 Iain Sandoe
From: Iain Sandoe @ 2020-03-09  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GCC Development, overseers

Hi Folks,

thanks for the work to migrate to the new server.

====

In the transition, I observe some changes to the integration of mail with
the web-pages.

In particular, my existing links seem to point now to:

https://gcc.gnu.org/legacy-ml/gxxxxxxx

If I reconnect from the GCC front page, following the mail-list links, I
get to a pipemail archive in which the “date ordered” list is different in
two important respects from the so-called “legacy” version.

see, for example:

https://gcc.gnu.org/legacy-ml/gcc-patches/2020-03/

c.f.

https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-patches/2020-March/date.html

===

The formatting is not (to me) so much of an issue, but the separation of
days and (for me and some others who commented on irc anyway) the “most
recent first” presentation is very useful and it would be good to get that
restored.

was the change intentional or just a ‘glitch’ in the transition?

thanks
Iain