* Re: svn returning Access Denied
       [not found] <d8ff0b9676038609.512e43c5@wichita.edu>
@ 2013-02-28  1:43 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2013-02-28  1:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joseph F Shobe; +Cc: gcc-help, gcc, overseers

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 3:35 PM, Joseph F Shobe <jfshobe@wichita.edu> wrote:
> I've been doing some research and using your SVN repository.  I have limited myself to just performing 'svn log' and 'svn ls' requests.
>
> However, as of late, I am no longer able to to perform this function from a server located at Wichita State University with an IP address of 156.26.10.10 (hostname is penang.cs.wichita.edu).  Has this IP address been blocked?  If so, I was not aware of any behavior that would take this course of action so is it possible to regain access?

Please do not send e-mail to both gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org and
gcc@gcc.gnu.org.  Pick one or the other.  Thanks.

As far as I can tell your IP address has not been blocked at
gcc.gnu.org.  However, it is possible that I missed something.  I've
CC'ed overseers for more information.

In general gcc.gnu.org is used by hundreds of developers and the
machine is often overloaded.  If you hit it with a lot of connections,
you are likely to be blocked.  Don't do that.  E.g., wait at least one
minute between connections.  Thanks.

Ian

only message in thread, other threads:[~2013-02-28  1:43 UTC | newest]