* glibc list subscription form broken
@ 2012-04-06 20:07 Paul Pluzhnikov
From: Paul Pluzhnikov @ 2012-04-06 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Greetings,

Filling out this form:
http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/development.html
(Manage mailing list subscriptions part) with:

Action: subscribe
e-mail address: ppluzhnikov@google.com
list: libc-alpha

and clicking "Submit" results in:

  http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/ml-request?operation=subscribe&username=ppluzhnikov%40google.com&listname=libc-alpha&submit=Submit

  Cannot handle your mailing list request...
  Something is wrong with the e-mail address. Maybe it is empty, or
possibly you did not include any @ sign or dots in the domain name.
Sorry, we don't support UUCP mail addresses. Please go back and give
it another try.
  You can also subscribe by sending an e-mail note to
LISTNAME-[digest-][un]subscribe@sourceware.org
  The message body and Subject line are ignored.

  See the sourceware mailing list FAQ page for more information.

I'll subscribe via the alternate mechanism, but you may want to fix the problem.

Paul Pluzhnikov

From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2012-04-06 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Pluzhnikov; +Cc: overseers

Hi -

> and clicking "Submit" results in:
>
>   http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/ml-request?operation=subscribe&username=ppluzhnikov%40google.com&listname=libc-alpha&submit=Submit
>
>   Cannot handle your mailing list request...
> [...]

This looks like corollary damage from my earlier attempt to get an XSS
vulnerability out of that CGI script.

> I'll subscribe via the alternate mechanism, but you may want to fix
> the problem.

OK.  It seems to me that, considering the sophistication of the
participants of our various projects, the complete loss of the CGI
subscription form would not be a serious impediment.

- FChE

* Re: glibc list subscription form broken
@ 2012-04-06 21:22   ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2012-04-06 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Ch. Eigler; +Cc: Paul Pluzhnikov, overseers

On Fri, 6 Apr 2012, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
> OK.  It seems to me that, considering the sophistication of the
> participants of our various projects, the complete loss of the CGI
> subscription form would not be a serious impediment.

We have a "Get our announcements" section on http://gcc.gnu.org,
and I believe other projects have similar uses.

This is now broken, and this form is not just for GCC hackers.

http://gcc.gnu.org/lists.html is broken as well.

Gerald

* Re: glibc list subscription form broken
@ 2012-04-12  4:55     ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2012-04-12  4:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, Paul Pluzhnikov, Gerald Pfeifer

On Fri, Apr 06, 2012 at 11:21:49PM +0200, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
>On Fri, 6 Apr 2012, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
>> OK.  It seems to me that, considering the sophistication of the
>> participants of our various projects, the complete loss of the CGI
>> subscription form would not be a serious impediment.
>
>We have a "Get our announcements" section on http://gcc.gnu.org,
>and I believe other projects have similar uses.
>
>This is now broken, and this form is not just for GCC hackers.
>
>http://gcc.gnu.org/lists.html is broken as well.

I think I've fixed the shell syntax error that was causing this
problem.  I tried it out on the Cygwin form and it seems to work.

Can anyone else confirm/deny?

cgf

* Re: glibc list subscription form broken
@ 2012-04-12  5:31       ` Paul Pluzhnikov
From: Paul Pluzhnikov @ 2012-04-12  5:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, Paul Pluzhnikov, Gerald Pfeifer

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 9:54 PM, Christopher Faylor
<cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please@sourceware.org> wrote:

> Can anyone else confirm/deny?

Worked for me just now.

Paul Pluzhnikov