* Re: Fwd: hosting Valgrind repository on sourceware.org
       [not found]           ` <CANXv6=vx+2hZZzXq+BOHD6h0aq011isAjq0n7-yUZrxi4yDbfQ@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2017-02-06 21:05             ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2017-02-06 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ivo Raisr; +Cc: overseers

Hi -

> Yes, please proceed.
> What kind of credentials should I and the others provide?

For each of you, visit <https://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/pdw/ps_form.cgi>
project 'valgrind' of course, wherein you paste an ssh pubkey.
Once processed,

git://sourceware.org/git/valgrind.git/
http://sourceware.org/git/valgrind.git/ [soon]
ssh://sourceware.org/git/valgrind.git/

will work for you.

- FChE

* Re: Fwd: hosting Valgrind repository on sourceware.org
@ 2017-02-09 22:37               ` Ivo Raisr
From: Ivo Raisr @ 2017-02-09 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Ch. Eigler; +Cc: overseers

> Hi -
>
>> Yes, please proceed.
>> What kind of credentials should I and the others provide?
>
> For each of you, visit <https://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/pdw/ps_form.cgi>
> project 'valgrind' of course, wherein you paste an ssh pubkey.

Thank you for setting up the repo for us.

I tried to import the initial lump today but it turns out it is not perfect.
The original SVN repo has an external subrepo which I am trying to put
these two together.
I rewrote the history of the second one but forgot to do that for all branches.

Now I need to start from scratch but (obviously) another import fails.
Please could you either delete and create the repo again or
    $ git config receive.denynonfastforwards false
(hopefully that would suffice).

The following committers will ask for accounts on sourceware.org:
Philippe Waroquiers <philippe.waroquiers@skynet.be>,
Mark Wielaard <mjw@redhat.com>

Another committer, Julian Seward <jseward@acm.org>, has already an
account for bzip2.
Could you please add him to valgrind as well?

Thank you,
I.

* Re: Fwd: hosting Valgrind repository on sourceware.org
@ 2017-02-09 22:44                 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2017-02-09 22:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ivo Raisr; +Cc: overseers

Hi -

> [...]
> Now I need to start from scratch but (obviously) another import fails.
> Please could you either delete and create the repo again or
>     $ git config receive.denynonfastforwards false
> (hopefully that would suffice).
> [...]

OK, did the latter.  But I believe you could do all of these remotely
anyway, by nuking the branches (pushing nothing to :svn/vendor etc.),
and/or creating and pushing new orphan branches via
"git checkout --orphan ...".

- FChE

* Re: Fwd: hosting Valgrind repository on sourceware.org
@ 2017-02-16  8:38                   ` Ivo Raisr
From: Ivo Raisr @ 2017-02-16  8:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Ch. Eigler; +Cc: overseers

Hi Frank,
I would like confirm with you about possibility of sending
notifications about pushed commits
to Valgrind repo. I think for example both glibc and gdb have setup
post-receive hook so their alias gets an email when a push happens.
Is that something we can (re)use for Valgrind as well? However we would like
to get notification only when a push was done for master branch; for example
as discussed here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7351551/writing-a-git-post-receive-hook-to-deal-with-a-specific-branch

Thank you,
I.

* Re: Fwd: hosting Valgrind repository on sourceware.org
@ 2017-02-16 18:48                     ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2017-02-16 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ivo Raisr; +Cc: overseers

Hi, Ivo -

> I would like confirm with you about possibility of sending
> notifications about pushed commits to Valgrind repo. [...]

Someone with logon shell access to sourceware, like mjw, can
install hooks (within reason) into your repo.

- FChE

* Re: Fwd: hosting Valgrind repository on sourceware.org
@ 2017-02-16 19:30                       ` Andrew Pinski
From: Andrew Pinski @ 2017-02-16 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Ch. Eigler; +Cc: Ivo Raisr, overseers

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 10:48 AM, Frank Ch. Eigler <fche@elastic.org> wrote:
> Hi, Ivo -
>
>> I would like confirm with you about possibility of sending
>> notifications about pushed commits to Valgrind repo. [...]
>
> Someone with logon shell access to sourceware, like mjw, can
> install hooks (within reason) into your repo.

Note binutils/gdb use the AdaCore githooks which you might want to use
here too (I don't know what glibc uses though):
https://github.com/AdaCore/git-hooks

Thanks,
Andrew

@ 2017-02-24 16:08               ` Ivo Raisr
From: Ivo Raisr @ 2017-02-24 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Ch. Eigler; +Cc: overseers

>> Yes, please proceed.
>> What kind of credentials should I and the others provide?
>
> For each of you, visit <https://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/pdw/ps_form.cgi>
> project 'valgrind' of course, wherein you paste an ssh pubkey.

Thank you for setting up the Valgrind repo. We are currently in
migration beta testing.

Please could you make sure that from now on all the new account requests or
repo write access requests are approved with Julian Seward (jseward@acm.org).
He is the Valgrind architect and designer.

Right now there are up to 4 people with write access to Valgrind repository:
- Ivo Raisr (me)
- Julian Seward
- Mark Wielaard
- Philippe Waroquiers