* Question about write-access svn repository of my account
@ 2019-04-20 10:11 ben narwal
From: ben narwal @ 2019-04-20 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hi Administrators,

This is Bin Cheng.  I am writing this message to ask a write-access svn question.

I have an account on sourceware.org/gcc.gnu.org which is "amker@gcc.gnu.org".  I also had write access previously with below public key registered:

ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAABIwAAAQEApQ5PKbKVjUpIL/I4CAckNthGXmayvAKz5TXQbDm529FoxOmnDrejRW+0ttQ7KAUU9fXSrRhMpweO2SiP9xqYXlP5tgfFKG8I9oqCLgTKRAa6pk1APZBTQteeIywbyJTVCTimeznYwPqrEbf340ppeQB/PFGeP434HjLT+QQqIEeT8V60FdVSL6H3p5of924nofn+eLh8JT/j/cpykDqLHzxb9yabK4nRdUlNihZp2Tu6ziax39awM8XkP1qPXwHMlT3l25yZ6yl14URPa/WBWWGlq3N/FCcSg6cMjMNb814Y2YQVxT2IBxt+wgaEzGfTfyKJUp6RAoAgSsRmRqLaKw== binche01@binche01-desktop

Recently I ran into problem in accessing write-access svn repository while read-only access is fine with below command line:
svn checkout svn://gcc.gnu.org/svn/gcc/trunk SomeLocalDir

Also I didn't made any change to either svn or ssh configuration,  so could you help me check if the public key is still registered correctly to my account please?  Thanks very much for your time.

Thanks,
bin

* Re: Question about write-access svn repository of my account
@ 2019-04-20 10:59 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2019-04-20 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ben narwal; +Cc: overseers

Hi -

> [...]
> Recently I ran into problem in accessing write-access svn repository

(You didn't identify the problem.)

> while read-only access is fine with below command line: svn checkout
> svn://gcc.gnu.org/svn/gcc/trunk SomeLocalDir

> Also I didn't made any change to either svn or ssh configuration, so
> could you help me check if the public key is still registered
> correctly to my account please?  Thanks very much for your time.

The key looks fine, as does your account.  You will need to use
svn+ssh://.. svn urls to get write access.

- FChE

* Re: Question about write-access svn repository of my account
@ 2019-04-20 15:42 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2019-04-20 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ben narwal; +Cc: overseers

On Sat, Apr 20, 2019 at 10:11:47AM +0000, ben narwal wrote:
>I have an account on sourceware.org/gcc.gnu.org which is
>"amker@gcc.gnu.org".  I also had write access previously with below
>public key registered:
>
>ssh-rsa
>AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAABIwAAAQEApQ5PKbKVjUpIL/I4CAckNthGXmayvAKz5TXQbDm529FoxOmnDrejRW+0ttQ7KAUU9fXSrRhMpweO2SiP9xqYXlP5tgfFKG8I9oqCLgTKRAa6pk1APZBTQteeIywbyJTVCTimeznYwPqrEbf340ppeQB/PFGeP434HjLT+QQqIEeT8V60FdVSL6H3p5of924nofn+eLh8JT/j/cpykDqLHzxb9yabK4nRdUlNihZp2Tu6ziax39awM8XkP1qPXwHMlT3l25yZ6yl14URPa/WBWWGlq3N/FCcSg6cMjMNb814Y2YQVxT2IBxt+wgaEzGfTfyKJUp6RAoAgSsRmRqLaKw== binche01@binche01-desktop
>
>Recently I ran into problem in accessing write-access svn repository
>while read-only access is fine with below command line: svn checkout
>svn://gcc.gnu.org/svn/gcc/trunk SomeLocalDir
>
>Also I didn't made any change to either svn or ssh configuration, so
>could you help me check if the public key is still registered correctly
>to my account please?  Thanks very much for your time.

"ran into a problem" doesn't give us much to go on.

What was the actual error?

Does "ssh sourceware.org alive" work for you?

* Re: Question about write-access svn repository of my account
@ 2019-04-22 14:27   ` ben narwal
From: ben narwal @ 2019-04-22 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Faylor; +Cc: overseers

Hi,

Thank all of you for helping.  Turned out my private keys were messed up.  It's all fixed now.  Sorry for disturbing.

Thanks,
bin

Sent: 20 April 2019 23:42
To: ben narwal