* what is "write access policies" i have
       [not found] <m3irih4l5j.fsf@dhcp-172-18-118-195.corp.google.com>
@ 2006-10-25  3:23 ` liqin
From: liqin @ 2006-10-25  3:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: Mark Mitchell

Dear,

> I'm not sure where you got the e-mail address root-owner.  The correct
> e-mail address for administrative questions is overseers@gcc.gnu.org.

I am a new comer to gcc, and have just added a new cpu(score) backend
to gcc repository(approved by our co.). I am the maintainer and port
of score backend in Co.. you could find my request and code review process
in the gcc-patch list in the last 4 months.

You give me the right to access the gcc repository in Oct 10.
Can you help me comfirm what's  write access policies i have?

You see, I want to be the maintainer of the score backend code in gcc,
and our Co. want to do so. we will be carefully(according to the gcc-patch
checkin rule) when we need to check our code into gcc repository.

If I only have "write after approval" policy,  I want to know whom will
response for the score backend code review when i post the patch to the
gcc patch-list, do you need to appoint someone to help me check the patch
before commit to gcc repository?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best Regards
liqin

* Re: what is "write access policies" i have
@ 2006-10-25  4:24   ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2006-10-25  4:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: liqin; +Cc: overseers, Mark Mitchell

liqin@sunnorth.com.cn writes:

> > I'm not sure where you got the e-mail address root-owner.  The correct
> > e-mail address for administrative questions is overseers@gcc.gnu.org.
>
> I am a new comer to gcc, and have just added a new cpu(score) backend
> to gcc repository(approved by our co.). I am the maintainer and port
> of score backend in Co.. you could find my request and code review process
> in the gcc-patch list in the last 4 months.
>
> You give me the right to access the gcc repository in Oct 10.
> Can you help me comfirm what's  write access policies i have?

Well, I know I mentioned overseers@gcc.gnu.org for administrative
questions, but when I said that I really meant questions about your
account and how it works.

Questions about what you are permitted to do--i.e., whether you have
write-after-approval rights, or whether you are a score backend
maintainer--should go to the gcc steering committee.  And the way to
contact the committee is to write to gcc@gcc.gnu.org.

Administratively speaking, you have an account on gcc.gnu.org, and you
are able to make changes to the gcc repository.  That generally means
that you have at least write-after-approval rights.

Ian

* Re: what is "write access policies" i have
@ 2006-10-25  5:07   ` Mark Mitchell
From: Mark Mitchell @ 2006-10-25  5:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: liqin; +Cc: overseers

liqin@sunnorth.com.cn wrote:
> Dear,
>
>> I'm not sure where you got the e-mail address root-owner.  The correct
>> e-mail address for administrative questions is overseers@gcc.gnu.org.
>
> I am a new comer to gcc, and have just added a new cpu(score) backend
> to gcc repository(approved by our co.). I am the maintainer and port
> of score backend in Co.. you could find my request and code review process
> in the gcc-patch list in the last 4 months.

You are not a maintainer; you have write-after-approval access.  Your
patches need to be proposed on gcc-patches, approved there, and then --
and only then -- you may check them in.  Nobody has an obligation to
review your patches, though, of course, we hope that people will do so,
just as they helped to review the initial port contribution.  If that
goes well for a while, then it would be very natural for you to become a
maintainer in the future.

Regards,

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery

* Re: what is "write access policies" i have
@ 2006-10-25  5:32     ` liqin
From: liqin @ 2006-10-25  5:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Mitchell; +Cc: overseers

Thanks Mark Mitchell and Ian Lance Taylor,

I see and I will move my name to write-after-approval section soon.

Best Regards
Liqin

Mark Mitchell <mark@codesourcery.com> 写于 2006-10-25 13:07:39: