* Write access for GCC not working
@ 2021-10-19 11:47 CHIGOT, CLEMENT
From: CHIGOT, CLEMENT @ 2021-10-19 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: David Edelsohn

Hi,

A few months ago, I requested a write access for both GCC and binutils.
I did push some patches to binutils. But I didn't have the needs for GCC until today.
Thus I try to setup it thanks to "https://gcc.gnu.org/gitwrite.html". But it seems that I don't have the write access.

$ git push
Enumerating objects: 5, done.
Counting objects: 100% (5/5), done.
Delta compression using up to 4 threads
Compressing objects: 100% (3/3), done.
Writing objects: 100% (3/3), 413 bytes | 413.00 KiB/s, done.
Total 3 (delta 2), reused 0 (delta 0)
error: remote unpack failed: unable to create temporary object directory
To git+ssh://gcc.gnu.org/git/gcc.git
 ! [remote rejected]         master -> master (unpacker error)
error: failed to push some refs to 'git+ssh://helflym@gcc.gnu.org/git/gcc.git'

Is it because I didn't push anything yet and thus it has been disabled or is there something else wrong ?
Note I don't have anything to push to binutils so I can't test if I have the same problem too. However,
my ssh to gcc.gnu.org doesn't seem to reject me.

Thanks in advance,

Clément Chigot
ATOS Bull SAS
1 rue de Provence - 38432 Échirolles - France

* Re: Write access for GCC not working
@ 2021-10-19 12:27 ` Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2021-10-19 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Clément,

On Tue, 2021-10-19 at 11:47 +0000, CHIGOT, CLEMENT via Overseers wrote:
> Is it because I didn't push anything yet and thus it has been
> disabled or is there something else wrong ?
> Note I don't have anything to push to binutils so I can't test if I
> have the same problem too. However,
> my ssh to gcc.gnu.org doesn't seem to reject me.

Your account only has write access to binutils (src group), you don't
have gcc write/group access yet. An existing GCC maintainer has to
approve that first. If that was already done and we missed it, our
apologies. Please let them contact us and we'll add you to the gcc
group.

Cheers,

Mark

* Re: Write access for GCC not working
@ 2021-10-19 12:28   ` David Edelsohn
From: David Edelsohn @ 2021-10-19 12:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Please add Clement to the GCC write access.

Thanks, David

@ 2021-10-19 12:32     ` Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2021-10-19 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Clément, Hi David,

On Tue, 2021-10-19 at 08:28 -0400, David Edelsohn wrote:
> Please add Clement to the GCC write access.

Done. Please try pushing to the gcc git tree again.

Cheers,

Mark

* Re: Write access for GCC not working
@ 2021-10-19 12:34       ` CHIGOT, CLEMENT
From: CHIGOT, CLEMENT @ 2021-10-19 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Mark and David,

This is working fine now.
Thanks both of you.

Clément
Caution! External email. Do not open attachments or click links, unless this email comes from a known sender and you know the content is safe.