* Request to add Falk Hueffner (falk) to gcc group
@ 2003-10-13 21:43 Falk Hueffner
From: Falk Hueffner @ 2003-10-13 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hello,

I would like to be added to the gcc group for write-after-approval CVS
access. I already have a bugzilla account at sources.redhat.com with
account name "falk", but no ssh key. I've attached one. The copyright
assignment is already in place.

This request was approved by Zack Weinberg <zack@codesourcery.com>.

--
	Falk

[-- Attachment #2: id_rsa.pub --]

ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAABIwAAAIEA4ie+eYrA+0+8G2G5+sHbRCUWkVkbBArxSplgFUVcw54767VUoOF68Mu94yKOXYKI+435/sc077z9wv2kRU3BZYsOZf7ZpIctfNgg8/uIQFUmcCU7apaf05YQ6JRcOaOYfSH1aH8/dVOGHyU+e1p63hk1rJMhdYjYpLNmE5KoVVs= falk@juist

* Re: Request to add Falk Hueffner (falk) to gcc group
@ 2003-10-13 22:44 ` Hans-Peter Nilsson
From: Hans-Peter Nilsson @ 2003-10-13 22:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: Falk Hueffner

On 13 Oct 2003, Falk Hueffner wrote:
> I would like to be added to the gcc group for write-after-approval CVS
> access. I already have a bugzilla account at sources.redhat.com with
> account name "falk", but no ssh key. I've attached one. The copyright
> assignment is already in place.

Let me add that the reason for not using the web interface is
*not* believing that there already is a real user account named
"falk", but with problems with the web interface.  Falk
suggested on IRC that the cgi should replace newlines by space
by itself before checking, which seems a good idea, since many
browsers line-wrap plain text input fields.

brgds, H-P

* Re: Request to add Falk Hueffner (falk) to gcc group
@ 2003-10-14  2:38   ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2003-10-14  2:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans-Peter Nilsson; +Cc: overseers, Falk Hueffner

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 06:43:59PM -0400, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
>On 13 Oct 2003, Falk Hueffner wrote:
>>I would like to be added to the gcc group for write-after-approval CVS
>>access.  I already have a bugzilla account at sources.redhat.com with
>>account name "falk", but no ssh key.  I've attached one.  The copyright
>>assignment is already in place.
>
>Let me add that the reason for not using the web interface is *not*
>believing that there already is a real user account named "falk", but
>with problems with the web interface.  Falk suggested on IRC that the
>cgi should replace newlines by space by itself before checking, which
>seems a good idea, since many browsers line-wrap plain text input
>fields.

Well, hundreds of people have managed the strenous feat of getting their
ssh key into the web page.  I'm not inclined to be manually adding
anyone anytime soon.  The whole point of an automated system is to
minimize the amount of fallible human work required to add an account.

The script is in the cgi-bin cvs directory.  Anyone who is bothered
by its current behavior should feel free to offer a patch.

* Re: Request to add Falk Hueffner (falk) to gcc group
@ 2003-10-14  3:45   ` Phil Edwards
From: Phil Edwards @ 2003-10-14  3:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans-Peter Nilsson; +Cc: overseers, Falk Hueffner

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 06:43:59PM -0400, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
> suggested on IRC that the cgi should replace newlines by space
> by itself before checking, which seems a good idea, since many
> browsers line-wrap plain text input fields.

I believe that they wrap them visually, but I've never seen one
actually insert newlines.  (Pity, that would be useful.)

by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
    - Brian W. Kernighan

* Re: Request to add Falk Hueffner (falk) to gcc group
@ 2003-10-14  6:05     ` Hans-Peter Nilsson
From: Hans-Peter Nilsson @ 2003-10-14  6:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Phil Edwards; +Cc: overseers, Falk Hueffner

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, Phil Edwards wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 06:43:59PM -0400, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
> > suggested on IRC that the cgi should replace newlines by space
> > by itself before checking, which seems a good idea, since many
> > browsers line-wrap plain text input fields.
>
> I believe that they wrap them visually, but I've never seen one
> actually insert newlines.  (Pity, that would be useful.)

Presumably the visual syntax errors were a show-stopper.
Anyway, don't look at me, I just tried to play a mediating
friendly messenger in a situation I saw was about to be
misinterpreted.  Oh well, I'll let Falk speak for himself.
I'm glad I could be of help. :-}

brgds, H-P

* Re: Request to add Falk Hueffner (falk) to gcc group
@ 2003-10-14  7:06     ` Hans-Peter Nilsson
From: Hans-Peter Nilsson @ 2003-10-14  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Faylor; +Cc: overseers, Falk Hueffner

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> The script is in the cgi-bin cvs directory.  Anyone who is bothered
> by its current behavior should feel free to offer a patch.

Perhaps the error was misdiagnosed.  Those "\s+":es in
ps_form.cgi should have matched any combination of spaces and
newline.  A test indicates that it does.  I don't know what went
wrong, perhaps leading or trailing whitespace.

brgds, H-P

* Re: Request to add Falk Hueffner (falk) to gcc group
@ 2003-10-14  8:03     ` Falk Hueffner
From: Falk Hueffner @ 2003-10-14  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Christopher Faylor <cgf@redhat.com> writes:

> Well, hundreds of people have managed the strenous feat of getting their
> ssh key into the web page.  I'm not inclined to be manually adding
> anyone anytime soon.  The whole point of an automated system is to
> minimize the amount of fallible human work required to add an account.

Sorry, I tried with two different browsers (galeon and konqueror), and
each time I got a syntax error message from the cgi. I thought it was
because of text wrapping, but aparrently, it wasn't. I don't know what
the problem was, since I don't have the script.

--
	Falk

* Re: Request to add Falk Hueffner (falk) to gcc group
@ 2003-10-14 14:18       ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2003-10-14 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans-Peter Nilsson; +Cc: overseers, Falk Hueffner

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 03:06:04AM -0400, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
>On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> The script is in the cgi-bin cvs directory.  Anyone who is bothered
>> by its current behavior should feel free to offer a patch.
>
>Perhaps the error was misdiagnosed.  Those "\s+":es in
>ps_form.cgi should have matched any combination of spaces and
>newline.  A test indicates that it does.  I don't know what went
>wrong, perhaps leading or trailing whitespace.

Hmm. The script doesn't deal with those?  That's pretty bogus.

cgf