* Re: qmail weirdness
@ 2000-05-23 15:01 ` Phil Edwards
From: Phil Edwards @ 2000-05-23 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jason-swarelist; +Cc: overseers

> > > To: gcc-patches@sourceware.cygnus.com
>
> The list name is gcc-patches@gcc.gnu.org, not @sourceware.

Er.  Consider me properly LARTed.  Any chance of working that into the text
of the error message, for future lusers?  The line between sourceware and
gcc.gnu.org gets really fuzzy sometimes (and nslookup's no help there).

Phil

* Re: qmail weirdness
@ 2000-05-23 15:44   ` Jason Molenda
From: Jason Molenda @ 2000-05-23 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Phil Edwards; +Cc: overseers

On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 06:24:00PM -0400, Phil Edwards wrote:

> Any chance of working that into the text
> of the error message, for future users?

It's coming out of ezmlm (the mailing list software), so it'd
require ezmlm tweaking to change.  I'm not saying it's impossible--I'm
not even saying it's difficult--but I am saying that it's unlikely
to happen. ;-)

> The line between sourceware and
> gcc.gnu.org gets really fuzzy sometimes (and nslookup's no help there).

Most folks aren't supposed to notice that gcc.gnu.org is the same
as sourceware.cygnus.com.  The two systems happen to provide a
strikingly similar set of services, but everything is clearly
separated (with the exception of the ftp site, where I had few
options) so people won't get them confused.

libstdc++ sources moving from sourceware to gcc -- but not the
mailing lists or the web pages etc -- is going to cause real
confusion for people.  The rest of libstdc++'s stuff should be
foisted over to the gcc side to present a consistent front to users.

* Re: qmail weirdness
@ 2000-05-25 22:35     ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2000-05-25 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: Phil Edwards

On Tue, 23 May 2000, Jason Molenda wrote:
> libstdc++ sources moving from sourceware to gcc -- but not the
> mailing lists or the web pages etc -- is going to cause real
> confusion for people.  The rest of libstdc++'s stuff should be
> foisted over to the gcc side to present a consistent front to users.

Absolutely. I believe I already suggested that to (some of the) libstdc++
folks once we really should tackle that soon now...

Gerald

* Re: qmail weirdness
@ 2000-12-30  6:08 ` Jason Molenda
From: Jason Molenda @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Phil Edwards; +Cc: overseers

@ 2000-12-30  6:08 Phil Edwards
From: Phil Edwards @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jason-swarelist; +Cc: overseers

@ 2000-12-30  6:08   ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: Phil Edwards

From: Jason Molenda @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Phil Edwards; +Cc: overseers

On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 05:46:33PM -0400, Phil Edwards wrote:

> > To: gcc-patches@sourceware.cygnus.com

The list name is gcc-patches@gcc.gnu.org, not @sourceware.

* qmail weirdness
@ 2000-12-30  6:08 Phil Edwards
From: Phil Edwards @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

qmail gurus,

Given a message to both gcc-patches and libstdc++, is there any reason
why it would appear on libstdc++ but bounce from gcc-patches with a "not
in to or cc" error?

Phil

> Hi. This is the qmail-send program at sourceware.cygnus.com.
> I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
>
> <gcc-patches@sourceware.cygnus.com>:
>
>   Mail note rejected:  List address must be in To: or Cc: headers.
>

> --- Below this line is a copy of the message.

> Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 17:30:44 -0400
> From: Phil Edwards <pedwards@jaj.com>
> To: gcc-patches@sourceware.cygnus.com
> Subject: empty --enable-languages check (was Re: #pragma system_header and bootstrap)
> Cc: branko.cibej@hermes.si, libstdc++@sourceware.cygnus.com

[patch and whatnot snipped for overseers]

* Re: qmail weirdness
@ 2000-05-23 14:31   ` Jason Molenda
From: Jason Molenda @ 2000-05-23 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Phil Edwards; +Cc: overseers