* Re: git from git://sourceware.org/git/binutils-gdb.git not responding intermittently
       [not found] <VI1PR08MB3837483EA55890EA7276C90DF8F40@VI1PR08MB3837.eurprd08.prod.outlook.com>
@ 2020-03-19 11:48 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2020-03-19 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gianluca Busiello; +Cc: overseers, Przemyslaw Wirkus

Hi -

> I hope this is the right place to notify an issue I'm experiencing with cloning the binutils repo.
>
> I get this error sometimes:
>
> Cloning into 'binutils-gdb'...
> fatal: remote error: no such repository: /git/binutils-gdb.git

> and looking at the resolution of "sourceware.org" I see that this is
> loadbalanced on two servers [...]

No, it isn't, sourceware.org should only map to one server ("server2",
with both ipv4 and ipv6 addresses).  The sourceware.org zone got
reworked almost two weeks ago, so am surprised to hear that some dns
servers still have old data.  Can you get your IT folks to refresh
their dns data?

- FChE

* Re: git from git://sourceware.org/git/binutils-gdb.git not responding intermittently
@ 2020-03-19 13:48   ` Gianluca Busiello
From: Gianluca Busiello @ 2020-03-19 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Ch. Eigler; +Cc: overseers, Przemyslaw Wirkus

Thank you for the clarification.
Indeed it looks like an issue with the local dns.
I'm going to discuss this with the local network support.
Kind reagrds,
Gianluca Busiello