* How does sourceware handle spam sent to Mailman?
@ 2022-12-08 22:40 Ian Kelling
From: Ian Kelling @ 2022-12-08 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

We have a good system setup on lists.gnu.org called listhelper,
https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/ListHelperAntiSpam/. The listhelper
system also runs for some third party mailman servers. I thought it
would be useful to compare notes and maybe the listhelper system could
help sourceware in some way.

--
Ian Kelling | Senior Systems Administrator, Free Software Foundation
GPG Key: B125 F60B 7B28 7FF6 A2B7  DF8F 170A F0E2 9542 95DF

* Re: How does sourceware handle spam sent to Mailman?
@ 2022-12-09  0:26 ` Jose E. Marchesi
From: Jose E. Marchesi @ 2022-12-09  0:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Kelling via Overseers; +Cc: Ian Kelling

> We have a good system setup on lists.gnu.org called listhelper,
> https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/ListHelperAntiSpam/. The listhelper
> system also runs for some third party mailman servers. I thought it
> would be useful to compare notes and maybe the listhelper system could
> help sourceware in some way.

+10000000

The listhelper system is the best thing since sliced bread with olive
oil and tomato :)

* Re: How does sourceware handle spam sent to Mailman?
@ 2022-12-09  2:44 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2022-12-09  2:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi -

So far, our postfix-tied copy of spamassassin and related tooling has
done okay at blocking the vast majority of incoming spam before it
hits mailman, and without interfering with moderation or list
management approvals.  (We could use some better machinery for
handling the few evaders that pass through.)

- FChE