* New Bugzilla account?
       [not found] <1034659963.1513636.1642616343303.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2022-01-19 18:19 ` Steven Boswell II
From: Steven Boswell II @ 2022-01-19 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hello! May I please have a Bugzilla account on sourceware.org?
To weaken my case significantly, I don't have a bug report so much as a feature request.I’m in the middle of porting a very large legacy code base from MS Windows to Linux.One outpoint I've run into is in timer_delete(); there's no way to determine when no more callbacks are forthcoming.This makes it impossible to clean up safely after a timer, especially if the value passed in struct sigevent's sigev_value.sival_ptr is dynamically allocated, e.g. a C++ object.The MS Windows API call DeleteTimerQueueTimer(), and even the ancient timeSetEvent(), allow for notification that there will be no forthcoming timer callbacks.It pains me to see Linux not having an answer to anything MS Windows can do, and the fix is easy (though it'll require an updated API, like timer_create2()/timer_delete2() or something.)
Although https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/FilingBugs says to report bugs first to the packagers/distribution, that seems pointless for something like this.

-Steven

* Re: New Bugzilla account?
@ 2022-01-20  9:26   ` Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2022-01-20  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Steven,

On Wed, Jan 19, 2022 at 06:19:03PM +0000, Steven Boswell II via Overseers wrote:
> Hello! May I please have a Bugzilla account on sourceware.org?

An account has been created for you. You should have gotten an email
about it. You can activate your account through the Forgot/Reset
Password link.

Cheers,

Mark