* Trying to add a new Language, Tigrinya
@ 2022-06-24 12:48 Sam
From: Sam @ 2022-06-24 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hi guys,

Just wanted to register on Bugzilla, but got the following error:
User account creation has been restricted.
------------------------------
Contact your administrator or the maintainer (overseers@sourceware.org) for
information about creating an account.
Any idea why this is happening?

Kind Regards,
Sam

--
*A**EO**NI**TI**S*
*░█░░█ ░█░░▀█▀░█▀█ ░█▀█ ░░█░░█ ░█░░░█░░█▀▄ ░█▀█ ░░▀▀▀▀ ░▀▀▀░▀░░▀░▀ ░▀░▀

* Re: Trying to add a new Language, Tigrinya
@ 2022-06-25  9:48 ` Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2022-06-25  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sam via Overseers; +Cc: Sam

Hi Sam,

On Fri, Jun 24, 2022 at 01:48:27PM +0100, Sam via Overseers wrote:
> Just wanted to register on Bugzilla, but got the following error:
> User account creation has been restricted.
> ------------------------------
> Contact your administrator or the maintainer
> (overseers@sourceware.org) for information about creating an
> account.
> Any idea why this is happening?

We got too many spammers to sign up for accounts, so now we approve
them manually. Which project were you hoping to contribute to?

Cheers,

Mark

* Re: Trying to add a new Language, Tigrinya
@ 2022-06-25 10:05   ` Sam
From: Sam @ 2022-06-25 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Wielaard; +Cc: Sam via Overseers

Hi Team,

I understand. Makes sense. Hate spammers too.

I can't get into Bugzilla so unsure of what options I have. Maybe just
saying Ubuntu Translation is the right answer?

I would just like to help bring the Tigrinya language of the country
Eritrea into Ubuntu.

My tweets here could probably provide further information.
https://twitter.com/Aeonitis/status/1540319478549970944

Thank you for your help.

Kind Regards,
Sam

@ 2022-06-25 12:40     ` Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2022-06-25 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Sam,

You might want to look at
https://translationproject.org/html/welcome.html
Cheers,

Mark

* Re: Trying to add a new Language, Tigrinya
@ 2022-06-25 12:49       ` Sam
From: Sam @ 2022-06-25 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry,

I did look at all the lists.

Tigrinya is not on my lists, and I am the only person who made a team on
launchpad.

Do you have anyone who has a list of all the steps needed to succeed at
having a language on Ubuntu?

Is there a reason this is meant to be difficult?

Just give me the right person to speak to for adding a language that
doesn't exist in Ubuntu please.

Kind Regards,
Sam

@ 2022-06-25 12:50         ` Sam
From: Sam @ 2022-06-25 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry

Typo:
Tigrinya is not on my lists
Correction:
Tigrinya is not on any lists!

@ 2022-06-25 19:03         ` Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2022-06-25 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Sam,

On Sat, Jun 25, 2022 at 01:49:38PM +0100, Sam wrote:
> Do you have anyone who has a list of all the steps needed to succeed at
> having a language on Ubuntu?

No.

> Just give me the right person to speak to for adding a language that
> doesn't exist in Ubuntu please.

If you are interested in Ubuntu please try contacting the Ubuntu
Translators community: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations

Cheers,

Mark