* Sourceware Infrastructure, email arc, new osuosl hardware, patchworks
@ 2023-10-25 12:47 Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2023-10-25 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hi,

Various small updates. Not news for anybody following the Sourceware
open office hours, tracking #overseers on irc.libera.chat or the
buildbot mailinglist, but good to know people are working on improving
the infrastructure:

- Outgoing sourceware email now includes ARC headers.
  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authenticated_Received_Chain
  Feedback on whether this helps email delivery appreciated.

- There have been complaints about overloaded builders.
  So OSUOSL have provided us with another arm64 server
  that is already used for glibc and gcc buildbot builds.
  They will also likely provide us with another bigger
  x86_64 server for the buildbot.

  Since that brings the total of OSUOSL provided servers
  to 5 (snapshots.sourceware.org is also an OSUOSL server)
  the Sourceware Project Leadership Committee, with the
  help of Conservancy, is looking into having a bit more
  formal relation with OSUOSL as our managed server
  provider.

- Given we have the resources now we are looking into also
  using builder.sourceware.org for pre-commit checking on
  patchwork.sourceware.org. And hopefully we can automate
  the commit state for all projects.

  There has been an increase in interest of becoming
  maintainers of various patchwork projects (thanks!)
  Please reach out to overseers or patchwork "staff"
  if you need maintainer permissions on any project.

  In consultation with the GNU Guix hackers that project
  has been removed from patchwork.sourceware.org,
  since they were no longer using it.

Cheers,

Mark

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-10-25 12:47 UTC | newest]