* List headers (for sorting)
@ 2020-03-09  0:04 Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2020-03-09  0:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

For the past decade or two I have been filtering GCC-related mails via

  Sender: gcc-owner@gcc.gnu.org

and the like in the headers.

After the upgrade right now this became

  Sender: "Gcc-patches" <gcc-patches-bounces@gcc.gnu.org>

Are you planning to maintain the previous behavior, or should we all
adjust our filters?  Not a biggie, but may be worth a heads up.

(If not, can you remove the "Gcc-patches" part?)

Thank you,
Gerald

* Re: List headers (for sorting)
@ 2020-03-09  0:10 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2020-03-09  0:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi -

> For the past decade or two I have been filtering GCC-related mails via
>   Sender: gcc-owner@gcc.gnu.org
> and the like in the headers.
> After the upgrade right now this became
>   Sender: "Gcc-patches" <gcc-patches-bounces@gcc.gnu.org>

Yeah; mailman behaviour is different.
Suggest using the List-Id: to filter - that's pretty universal.

- FChE

* Re: List headers (for sorting)
@ 2020-03-11  6:07   ` Hans-Peter Nilsson
From: Hans-Peter Nilsson @ 2020-03-11  6:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Ch. Eigler via Overseers; +Cc: Frank Ch. Eigler, overseers

On Sun, 8 Mar 2020, Frank Ch. Eigler via Overseers wrote:
> Hi -
>
> > For the past decade or two I have been filtering GCC-related mails via
> >   Sender: gcc-owner@gcc.gnu.org
> > and the like in the headers.
> > After the upgrade right now this became
> >   Sender: "Gcc-patches" <gcc-patches-bounces@gcc.gnu.org>
>
> Yeah; mailman behaviour is different.
> Suggest using the List-Id: to filter - that's pretty universal.

A warning about that is in place: I did (I actually matched
Sender: too), but the universe changed on me, from (e.g.):

brgds, H-P
PS. JFTR; all my procmail recipes are updated since then. ;)