* Bugzilla permissions for <macro@linux-mips.org>
@ 2016-09-30  2:28 Maciej W. Rozycki
From: Maciej W. Rozycki @ 2016-09-30  2:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hi,

 In what I believe is a quest to defeat bugzilla vandalism I have been
deprived of my usual bug modification permissions, however I can see
accounts for my <macro@sourceware.org> and <macro@gcc.gnu.org> e-mail
aliases have also been created, with suitable rights.  Would it be
possible to get these extra accounts merged with my usual account I've
held for years and have the bug editing rights restored?

 Best regards,

  Maciej

* Re: Bugzilla permissions for <macro@linux-mips.org>
@ 2016-09-30 13:19 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2016-09-30 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maciej W. Rozycki; +Cc: overseers

Hi -

> In what I believe is a quest to defeat bugzilla vandalism I have been
> deprived of my usual bug modification permissions [...]

You have two bugzilla accounts: macro@gcc.gnu.org and macro@linux-mips.org.
Which one would you like merged into the other?

- FChE

* Re: Bugzilla permissions for <macro@linux-mips.org>
@ 2016-10-03 17:23   ` Maciej W. Rozycki
From: Maciej W. Rozycki @ 2016-10-03 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Ch. Eigler; +Cc: overseers

Hi Frank,

> > In what I believe is a quest to defeat bugzilla vandalism I have been
> > deprived of my usual bug modification permissions [...]
>
> You have two bugzilla accounts: macro@gcc.gnu.org and macro@linux-mips.org.
> Which one would you like merged into the other?

 I'd like to keep <macro@linux-mips.org> I've been using with FSF for some
10 years know.  I can have <macro@gcc.gnu.org> and <macro@sourceware.org>
as Bugzilla e-mail aliases, just as with the system itself, so that
someone cannot attempt to hijack them; I hope this is how Bugzilla works,
as I have never tried this feature before.

 Thanks for your assistance.

@ 2016-10-04 15:14     ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2016-10-04 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maciej W. Rozycki; +Cc: overseers

Hi -

> > You have two bugzilla accounts: macro@gcc.gnu.org and macro@linux-mips.org.
> > Which one would you like merged into the other?
>
>  I'd like to keep <macro@linux-mips.org> I've been using with FSF for some
> 10 years know.  [...]

OK, merged your macro@gcc.gnu.org gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla account into the
macro@linux-mips.org one.  Enjoy.

- FChE

* Re: Bugzilla permissions for <macro@linux-mips.org>
@ 2016-10-04 15:30       ` Maciej W. Rozycki
       [not found]         ` <20161004153657.GC77453@elastic.org>
From: Maciej W. Rozycki @ 2016-10-04 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Ch. Eigler; +Cc: overseers

On Tue, 4 Oct 2016, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:

> > > You have two bugzilla accounts: macro@gcc.gnu.org and macro@linux-mips.org.
> > > Which one would you like merged into the other?
> >
> >  I'd like to keep <macro@linux-mips.org> I've been using with FSF for some
> > 10 years know.  [...]
>
> OK, merged your macro@gcc.gnu.org gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla account into the
> macro@linux-mips.org one.  Enjoy.

 Thanks, however I still can't seem able to modify bugs, not at least with
the sourceware.org Bugzilla, and I can still log in to
<macro@sourceware.org> as a separate account.  Being a MIPS target
maintainer for binutils and GDB I find it a tad inconvenient.  Anything
I've missed?

 Thanks,

       [not found]           ` <alpine.LFD.2.20.1610041712260.1794@eddie.linux-mips.org>
@ 2016-10-07 12:58             ` Maciej W. Rozycki
From: Maciej W. Rozycki @ 2016-10-07 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hi,

On Tue, 4 Oct 2016, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:

>  In my original mail I did quote both <macro@sourceware.org> and
> <macro@gcc.gnu.org> accounts, created by someone on my behalf (IIUC to
> defeat Bugzilla vandalism), and that I want them both folded into
> <macro@linux-mips.org>.
>
>  I didn't name either Bugzilla explicitly, but I considered it implied by
> the context that the <macro@sourceware.org> account corresponds to the
> `sourceware.org' Bugzilla and <macro@gcc.gnu.org> one corresponds to the
> `gcc.gnu.org' Bugzilla.  If you found this confusing or if I missed any
> important information required for my request to be fulfilled, then I
> apologise for that.
>
>  Can you fold <macro@sourceware.org> into <macro@linux-mips.org> with the
> `sourceware.org' Bugzilla accordingly then please for me as well?
>
>  Thank you for your patience and your assistance.

 Can I please have it sorted out sooner rather than later?  I'm currently
blocked by this account fork and deprivation of Bugzilla permissions with
bugs #17560 and #20649, the status of which I need to update, and by the
turn of events it looks to me like the vandals did reach their goals in
that they have hindered legitimate users. :(

@ 2016-10-07 14:02               ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2016-10-07 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maciej W. Rozycki; +Cc: overseers

Hi -

> >  Can you fold <macro@sourceware.org> into <macro@linux-mips.org> with the
> > `sourceware.org' Bugzilla accordingly then please for me as well?

Done.

> Can I please have it sorted out sooner rather than later?  I'm
> currently blocked by this account fork and deprivation of Bugzilla
> permissions with bugs #17560 and #20649, the status of which I need
> to update [...]

Not sure what your impediment with status changes was.  On the
sourceware.org/bugzilla, we don't have very tight editbugs ACLs
applied; hardly anyone has that flag set, and yet bugs move along.
Anyway, please try now.

- FChE

* Re: Bugzilla permissions for <macro@linux-mips.org>
@ 2016-10-10 13:56                 ` Maciej W. Rozycki
From: Maciej W. Rozycki @ 2016-10-10 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Ch. Eigler; +Cc: overseers

On Fri, 7 Oct 2016, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:

> > Can I please have it sorted out sooner rather than later?  I'm
> > currently blocked by this account fork and deprivation of Bugzilla
> > permissions with bugs #17560 and #20649, the status of which I need
> > to update [...]
>
> Not sure what your impediment with status changes was.  On the
> sourceware.org/bugzilla, we don't have very tight editbugs ACLs
> applied; hardly anyone has that flag set, and yet bugs move along.

 Well, being able to take bugs let alone close them will make my work flow
easier.  I can't comment on other people's habits.

> Anyway, please try now.

 Doesn't seem to work this time I'm afraid; something went differently
from `gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla'.  Please try again.

  Maciej