* Restoring Bugzilla properties [Was: Fwd: Excuse the interruption  (question about GCC buganizer account)]
@ 2010-07-19  2:44 James Dennett
From: James Dennett @ 2010-07-19  2:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hello Overseers,

For some while I was inactive in working on the GCC bugs database, and
when recently I found myself with time to contribute again I found
that my (jdennett@acm.org/jdennett@gcc.gnu.org) account had been
deleted, apparently as it had made no commits (but then it wasn't set
up with commit rights in the first place, so far as I know).  Mail to
jdennett@gcc.gnu.org also bounces (which isn't a problem in itself).

I've set up another account (as james.dennett@gmail.com), but no
longer have access to update bug states (confirm, close etc.).  Would
it be possible to restore that access?  To be clear, I need only
Bugzilla access, not commit access.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

James

From: Christopher Faylor @ 2010-07-19  4:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, James Dennett

On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 07:44:38PM -0700, James Dennett wrote:
>Hello Overseers,
>
>For some while I was inactive in working on the GCC bugs database, and
>when recently I found myself with time to contribute again I found
>that my (jdennett@acm.org/jdennett@gcc.gnu.org) account had been
>deleted, apparently as it had made no commits (but then it wasn't set
>up with commit rights in the first place, so far as I know).  Mail to
>jdennett@gcc.gnu.org also bounces (which isn't a problem in itself).

I'm don't know how to fix the bugzilla issue but if you had a
gcc.gnu.org address then you were expected to be a committer.  So,
we won't be reinstating that account.

cgf

* Re: Restoring Bugzilla properties [Was: Fwd: Excuse the interruption  (question about GCC buganizer account)]
@ 2010-07-19  5:35   ` James Dennett
From: James Dennett @ 2010-07-19  5:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 9:57 PM, Christopher Faylor
<cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please@sourceware.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 07:44:38PM -0700, James Dennett wrote:
>>Hello Overseers,
>>
>>For some while I was inactive in working on the GCC bugs database, and
>>when recently I found myself with time to contribute again I found
>>that my (jdennett@acm.org/jdennett@gcc.gnu.org) account had been
>>deleted, apparently as it had made no commits (but then it wasn't set
>>up with commit rights in the first place, so far as I know).  Mail to
>>jdennett@gcc.gnu.org also bounces (which isn't a problem in itself).
>
> I'm don't know how to fix the bugzilla issue but if you had a
> gcc.gnu.org address then you were expected to be a committer.  So,
> we won't be reinstating that account.

That's OK.  I was told at the time my account was set up that it was
unusual to give this access to non-committers; if unusual has changed
to "it doesn't happen", I don't have a problem with that.  I'm hoping
that I can have access to maintain bugs without needing any other
access.

@ 2010-07-19 11:52     ` Daniel Berlin
From: Daniel Berlin @ 2010-07-19 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Dennett; +Cc: overseers

Your old bugzilla accounts, including jdennet@gcc.gnu.org, and
jdennett@acm.org, still exist on bugzilla.

If you use the jdennett@gcc.gnu.org account on bugzilla, it has the
right permissions to edit/etc bugs automatically.

@ 2010-07-19 12:12       ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2010-07-19 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Berlin; +Cc: James Dennett, overseers

On Mon, 19 Jul 2010, Daniel Berlin wrote:
> Your old bugzilla accounts, including jdennet@gcc.gnu.org, and
> jdennett@acm.org, still exist on bugzilla.
>
> If you use the jdennett@gcc.gnu.org account on bugzilla, it has the
> right permissions to edit/etc bugs automatically.

jdennet@gcc.gnu.org does not exist any more on gcc.gnu.org, so James
can't receive mail with a password reminder.

Gerald