* Fwd: Sourceware Security Vulnerablity
       [not found] <CAHv8Y_5wVyWCsjasGx7noqU0rhMtE4-cmVV_Z5LMLe29-w-5=w@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2014-09-09 16:55 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2014-09-09 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Someone posted this to the insight mailing list... Is there anything we
can do?

Keith

From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2014-09-09 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Keith Seitz; +Cc: overseers

Hi -

> https://www.sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/libc/login/programs%0A%0A<script>alert(0);</script>%0A%0A/pt_chown.c?rev=1.12&content-type=text/html&cvsroot=glibc&only_with_tag=MAIN

This is fixed by a blunt removal of the ancient cvsweb.cgi code, and
a blunt httpd-level redirection to /viewvc, for both sourceware.org
and gcc.gnu.org.

- FChE

* cvsweb vs viewvc (was: Sourceware Security Vulnerablity)
@ 2014-11-13 14:57     ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2014-11-13 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, Frank Ch. Eigler

On Tuesday 2014-09-09 14:17, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
> This is fixed by a blunt removal of the ancient cvsweb.cgi code, and
> a blunt httpd-level redirection to /viewvc, for both sourceware.org
> and gcc.gnu.org.

I followed up with some clean-ups on the GCC side.

How about
  http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/?cvsroot=sourceware
and
  https://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/wwwdocs/
however?

These do not appear to be available via /viewvc.

Gerald