* 29 Gcc-announce moderator request(s) waiting (fwd)
@ 2020-03-21  8:17 Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2020-03-21  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

I have been getting this daily for a week now, but do not have a
password.

http://gcc.gnu.org/mailman/admindb/gcc-announce says

  Gcc-announce list run by gcc-announce-owner at gcc.gnu.org

Who is behind gcc-announce-owner?  And could they/we please get
a password?

And is there a way to expire requests after 48 hours?  That would
be quite convenient.

Thank you,
Gerald

From: ext-ticket@google.com on Thu Mar 12 14:29:36 2020
Subject: Re: t/45357122 GCC 9.3 Released
Cause: Post by non-member to a members-only list

From: ext-ticket@google.com on Thu Mar 12 14:36:57 2020
Cause: Post by non-member to a members-only list

From: ext-ticket@google.com on Thu Mar 12 14:43:26 2020
Cause: Post by non-member to a members-only list

From: ext-ticket@google.com on Thu Mar 12 15:02:34 2020
Cause: Post by non-member to a members-only list

From: ext-ticket@google.com on Thu Mar 12 15:21:21 2020
Cause: Post by non-member to a members-only list

From: ext-ticket@google.com on Thu Mar 12 15:25:27 2020
Cause: Post by non-member to a members-only list

From: ext-ticket@google.com on Thu Mar 12 15:31:59 2020
Cause: Post by non-member to a members-only list

From: ext-ticket@google.com on Thu Mar 12 15:32:00 2020
Cause: Post by non-member to a members-only list

From: ext-ticket@google.com on Thu Mar 12 15:33:38 2020
Cause: Post by non-member to a members-only list

From: ext-ticket@google.com on Thu Mar 12 15:34:41 2020
Cause: Post by non-member to a members-only list

From: julyighor@gmail.com on Thu Mar 12 15:38:29 2020
Cause: Post to moderated list

From: ext-ticket@google.com on Thu Mar 12 15:39:44 2020
Cause: Post by non-member to a members-only list

From: ext-ticket@google.com on Thu Mar 12 15:39:48 2020
Cause: Post by non-member to a members-only list

From: ext-ticket@google.com on Thu Mar 12 15:47:10 2020
Cause: Post by non-member to a members-only list

From: ext-ticket@google.com on Thu Mar 12 15:55:37 2020
Cause: Post by non-member to a members-only list

From: ext-ticket@google.com on Thu Mar 12 16:04:57 2020
Cause: Post by non-member to a members-only list

From: ext-ticket@google.com on Thu Mar 12 16:06:23 2020
Cause: Post by non-member to a members-only list

From: carlos.roquette@globo.com on Thu Mar 12 16:08:18 2020
Subject: RES: t/45357122 GCC 9.3 Released
Cause: Post to moderated list

From: ext-ticket@google.com on Thu Mar 12 16:09:00 2020
Cause: Post by non-member to a members-only list

From: cppadict@globo.com on Thu Mar 12 16:10:06 2020
Cause: Post to moderated list

From: ext-ticket@google.com on Thu Mar 12 16:11:25 2020
Cause: Post by non-member to a members-only list

From: ext-ticket@google.com on Thu Mar 12 16:12:50 2020
Cause: Post by non-member to a members-only list

From: pushpenders@redbytes.in on Thu Mar 12 16:25:17 2020
Cause: Post to moderated list

From: ext-ticket@google.com on Thu Mar 12 19:19:15 2020
Cause: Post by non-member to a members-only list

From: fcqqfat@163.com on Fri Mar 13 00:29:53 2020
Cause: Post to moderated list

From: fcqqfat@163.com on Fri Mar 13 00:30:30 2020
Cause: Post to moderated list

From: divyajitdarbar@gmail.com on Fri Mar 13 01:07:36 2020
Cause: Post to moderated list

From: girveer17vollaymarketing@gmail.com on Mon Mar 16 19:25:54 2020
Subject: RE: PAYMENT SWIFT COPY FOR = USD 80,950.25
Cause: Post by non-member to a members-only list

From: orders@msc.com on Wed Mar 18 09:15:01 2020
Subject: Re: March Order
Cause: Post by non-member to a members-only list

* Re: 29 Gcc-announce moderator request(s) waiting (fwd)
@ 2020-03-21 15:08 ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2020-03-21 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

On Sat, 21 Mar 2020, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> And is there a way to expire requests after 48 hours?  That would
> be quite convenient.

Christopher kindly provided me with access as gcc-announce admin,
and looking a bit I found an option

  "Discard held messages older than this number of days"

on the main confi screen and reduced it from 14 days to 2 days.

In the hope this may be useful for others as well,
Gerald

* Fixing up list archives? (was: 29 Gcc-announce moderator request(s) waiting)
@ 2020-03-21 15:16 ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2020-03-21 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

I noticed something (maybe someone) has allowed a number of bogus
mails to get through into the archive, cf.

   https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-announce/2020/thread.html

Is there a way to take these out again?

Gerald

ticket system appears to have created a bit of a mess.

* Re: Fixing up list archives? (was: 29 Gcc-announce moderator request(s) waiting)
@ 2020-03-22  5:44   ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2020-03-22  5:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Mar 21, 2020 at 04:16:05PM +0100, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
>I noticed something (maybe someone) has allowed a number of bogus
>mails to get through into the archive, cf.
>
>   https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-announce/2020/thread.html
>
>Is there a way to take these out again?

It's not really easy with mailman but, yes, there is a way.  They are
gone now.

>ticket system appears to have created a bit of a mess.

Isn't the list moderated though?  If so, someone had to make the decision
to add those.

cgf

* Re: Fixing up list archives? (was: 29 Gcc-announce moderator request(s) waiting)
@ 2020-03-22  5:47     ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2020-03-22  5:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Mar 22, 2020 at 01:44:33AM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>Isn't the list moderated though?  If so, someone had to make the decision
>to add those.

And, if not, I screwed up when I created gcc-announce and that should be
fixed ASAP.

cgf