* reporting a security issue in gcc / bugzilla account
@ 2017-05-03 21:25 Charles A. Morris
From: Charles A. Morris @ 2017-05-03 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: charlesmorris

I'd like to have a gcc bugzilla account.

That said, I have found a few security issues in gcc.

Is there a way to safely report these through bugzilla?

What is the preferred point of contact for these types of issues?

Thanks,
Charles
AS 1201

* Re: reporting a security issue in gcc / bugzilla account
@ 2017-05-03 21:58 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2017-05-03 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles A. Morris; +Cc: overseers, charlesmorris

Hi -

> I'd like to have a gcc bugzilla account.

Done, enjoy.

> That said, I have found a few security issues in gcc.
> Is there a way to safely report these through bugzilla?
> What is the preferred point of contact for these types of issues?

I am not aware of any sort of confidential security contact for gcc.
Unless you have some reason to believe it's a non-trivial severity
(CVSS score), maybe might just as well post it publicly.

- FChE

* Re: reporting a security issue in gcc / bugzilla account
@ 2017-05-04 14:41   ` Jeff Law
From: Jeff Law @ 2017-05-04 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Ch. Eigler, Charles A. Morris; +Cc: overseers, charlesmorris

On 05/03/2017 03:58 PM, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
> Hi -
>
>> I'd like to have a gcc bugzilla account.
>
> Done, enjoy.
>
>> That said, I have found a few security issues in gcc.
>> Is there a way to safely report these through bugzilla?
>> What is the preferred point of contact for these types of issues?
>
> I am not aware of any sort of confidential security contact for gcc.
> Unless you have some reason to believe it's a non-trivial severity
> (CVSS score), maybe might just as well post it publicly.
Right.  We really don't bother with embargos and the like.

Jeff