* Stupid question: access from new system
@ 2016-08-30 19:56 Louis Krupp
From: Louis Krupp @ 2016-08-30 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

This is a very stupid question.

I haven't done anything for gcc since last November.  Since then, I've bought a new PC (running Fedora 24), the better to build and test on.

I still have write (on approval) access to gcc from my old setup (Fedora 23 on VirtualBox, in the unlikely event that it matters), and I'd like to have the same thing on the new system.  I have my old key files, but I have no recollection of a passphrase.  I have set up key access to my Windows box, for what that's worth.

I'm willing to do a lot of things by trial and error, but playing with ssh keys involving your network isn't one of them.  Any hints you can give me on how to do this would be appreciated.

Louis Krupp

* Re: Stupid question: access from new system
@ 2016-08-31  0:03 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2016-08-31  0:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Louis Krupp; +Cc: overseers

Louis Krupp <louis.krupp@zoho.com> writes:

> This is a very stupid question.
>
> I haven't done anything for gcc since last November.  Since then, I've
> bought a new PC (running Fedora 24), the better to build and test on.
>
> I still have write (on approval) access to gcc from my old setup
> (Fedora 23 on VirtualBox, in the unlikely event that it matters), and
> I'd like to have the same thing on the new system.  I have my old key
> files, but I have no recollection of a passphrase.  I have set up key
> access to my Windows box, for what that's worth.
>
> I'm willing to do a lot of things by trial and error, but playing with
> ssh keys involving your network isn't one of them.  Any hints you can
> give me on how to do this would be appreciated.

There isn't much we can do to help.  You can test passphrases without
hurting our network; just start ssh-agent and run ssh-add until you get
it right.  If you can't remember your passphrase at all, you can send us
a new SSH public key.  And then write down the passphrase so you don't
forget it again.

Ian