* GCC SVN write after approval access request
@ 2015-10-08 15:06 Alexander Fomin
From: Alexander Fomin @ 2015-10-08 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: kirill.yukhin, ubizjak

Hi All,

I'm currently working on AVX512 extensions machine description
refinement for i386 targets.
I've already submitted two patches that have been successfully approved
by i386 vector ISA extensions maintainer Kirill Yukhin and checked in
(r228010, r228525). There have been no serious concerns from i386 port
maintainer Uros Bizjak as well.
As this activity will be continued, I'd like to obtain write after
approval SVN access.
Please let me know whether it's possible.

--
Regards,
Alexander

* Re: GCC SVN write after approval access request
@ 2015-10-08 15:56 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2015-10-08 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Fomin; +Cc: overseers, kirill.yukhin, ubizjak

Alexander Fomin <afomin.mailbox@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm currently working on AVX512 extensions machine description
> refinement for i386 targets.
> I've already submitted two patches that have been successfully approved
> by i386 vector ISA extensions maintainer Kirill Yukhin and checked in
> (r228010, r228525). There have been no serious concerns from i386 port
> maintainer Uros Bizjak as well.
> As this activity will be continued, I'd like to obtain write after
> approval SVN access.
> Please let me know whether it's possible.

You need to be sponsored by a GCC maintainer (such as Uros).  When
someone supports you, we can add your existing account to the gcc group.

Ian

* Re: GCC SVN write after approval access request
@ 2015-10-08 16:06   ` Uros Bizjak
From: Uros Bizjak @ 2015-10-08 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Lance Taylor; +Cc: Alexander Fomin, overseers, Kirill Yukhin

On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 5:06 PM, Ian Lance Taylor <ian@airs.com> wrote:
> Alexander Fomin <afomin.mailbox@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I'm currently working on AVX512 extensions machine description
>> refinement for i386 targets.
>> I've already submitted two patches that have been successfully approved
>> by i386 vector ISA extensions maintainer Kirill Yukhin and checked in
>> (r228010, r228525). There have been no serious concerns from i386 port
>> maintainer Uros Bizjak as well.
>> As this activity will be continued, I'd like to obtain write after
>> approval SVN access.
>> Please let me know whether it's possible.
>
> You need to be sponsored by a GCC maintainer (such as Uros).  When
> someone supports you, we can add your existing account to the gcc group.

While I don't oppose the nomination, I think that the correct sponsor
is Kirill, since Alexander plans to work in AVX512 part of the x86
target. We do have special maintainer for x86 ISA extensions, as is
already documented in MAINTAINERS.

BR,
Uros.

* Re: GCC SVN write after approval access request
@ 2015-10-09  3:46     ` Kirill Yukhin
From: Kirill Yukhin @ 2015-10-09  3:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uros Bizjak; +Cc: Ian Lance Taylor, Alexander Fomin, overseers

Hi folks!
On 08 Oct 17:56, Uros Bizjak wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 5:06 PM, Ian Lance Taylor <ian@airs.com> wrote:
> > Alexander Fomin <afomin.mailbox@gmail.com> writes:
> >> As this activity will be continued, I'd like to obtain write after
> >> approval SVN access.
> >> Please let me know whether it's possible.
> >
> > You need to be sponsored by a GCC maintainer (such as Uros).  When
> > someone supports you, we can add your existing account to the gcc group.
>
> While I don't oppose the nomination, I think that the correct sponsor
> is Kirill, since Alexander plans to work in AVX512 part of the x86
> target. We do have special maintainer for x86 ISA extensions, as is
> already documented in MAINTAINERS.

I am OK.

--
Thanks, K

@ 2015-10-21 14:29       ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2015-10-21 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kirill Yukhin; +Cc: Uros Bizjak, Alexander Fomin, overseers

Kirill Yukhin <kirill.yukhin@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi folks!
> On 08 Oct 17:56, Uros Bizjak wrote:
>> >
>> > You need to be sponsored by a GCC maintainer (such as Uros).  When
>> > someone supports you, we can add your existing account to the gcc group.
>>
>> While I don't oppose the nomination, I think that the correct sponsor
>> is Kirill, since Alexander plans to work in AVX512 part of the x86
>> target. We do have special maintainer for x86 ISA extensions, as is
>> already documented in MAINTAINERS.
>
> I am OK.

I've added Alexander to the gcc group on sourceware.

Alexander, please add yourself to the write-after-approve list in
gcc/MAINTAINERS.

Ian