* head attribute does not match file for `/cvs/src/src/bfd/Makefile.am,v'
@ 2012-05-03 13:31 Nick Clifton
From: Nick Clifton @ 2012-05-03 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hi Guys,

  I am getting this message:

    cvs [update aborted]: head attribute does not match file for `/cvs/src/src/bfd/Makefile.am,v'

  whilst trying to check out the bfd/Makefile.am file from the binutils
  repository.  Does anyone know what the message really means, and more
  importantly, how to fix it ?

Cheers
  Nick

* Re: head attribute does not match file for `/cvs/src/src/bfd/Makefile.am,v'
@ 2012-05-03 13:34 ` Jeff Law
From: Jeff Law @ 2012-05-03 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Clifton; +Cc: overseers

On 05/03/2012 07:27 AM, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
>    I am getting this message:
>
>      cvs [update aborted]: head attribute does not match file for `/cvs/src/src/bfd/Makefile.am,v'
>
>    whilst trying to check out the bfd/Makefile.am file from the binutils
>    repository.  Does anyone know what the message really means, and more
>    importantly, how to fix it ?
Isn't this the cache getting out of date when someone does a checkin
with on old version of CVS?

I think there's a cron job which fixes this stuff, so it may just be a
matter of waiting a little while.

jeff

* Re: head attribute does not match file for `/cvs/src/src/bfd/Makefile.am,v'
@ 2012-05-03 13:41 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2012-05-03 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Clifton; +Cc: overseers

Nick Clifton <nickc@redhat.com> writes:

> Hi Guys,
>
>   I am getting this message:
>
>     cvs [update aborted]: head attribute does not match file for `/cvs/src/src/bfd/Makefile.am,v'
>
>   whilst trying to check out the bfd/Makefile.am file from the binutils
>   repository.  Does anyone know what the message really means, and more
>   importantly, how to fix it ?

Should be fixed now.

Ian

* Re: head attribute does not match file for `/cvs/src/src/bfd/Makefile.am,v'
@ 2012-05-03 15:21   ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2012-05-03 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, Nick Clifton, Jeff Law

On Thu, May 03, 2012 at 07:34:40AM -0600, Jeff Law wrote:
>On 05/03/2012 07:27 AM, Nick Clifton wrote:
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>>    I am getting this message:
>>
>>      cvs [update aborted]: head attribute does not match file for `/cvs/src/src/bfd/Makefile.am,v'
>>
>>    whilst trying to check out the bfd/Makefile.am file from the binutils
>>    repository.  Does anyone know what the message really means, and more
>>    importantly, how to fix it ?
>Isn't this the cache getting out of date when someone does a checkin
>with on old version of CVS?
>
>I think there's a cron job which fixes this stuff, so it may just be a
>matter of waiting a little while.

Right.  This just came up in the gdb list recently.

There is a cron job which runs every ten minutes that fixes this
automatically so, if you see the issue, it should be resolved shortly
after every 10 minute interval.