* Please help in fixing commit message
@ 2010-08-02 15:32 Paul Pluzhnikov
From: Paul Pluzhnikov @ 2010-08-02 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Dear overseers,

I have gdb CVS commit rights, but not admin rights.

In my last checkin, I screwed up commit message (used the patch itself
instead of intended change-log message), and this makes output of 'cvs
log' very confusing.

I would greatly appreciate if one of you could fix my mistake:

cat > /tmp/ppluzhnikov-commit <<EOF
2010-07-31  Paul Pluzhnikov  <ppluzhnikov@google.com>

       * linux-thread-db.c (libthread_db_debug): New variable.
       (thread_db_find_new_threads_silently): Control verbosity with it.
       (try_thread_db_load_1, try_thread_db_load): Likewise.
       (find_new_threads_once): Likewise.
       (_initialize_thread_db): Set/show it.

doc/ChangeLog
2010-07-31  Paul Pluzhnikov  <ppluzhnikov@google.com>

       * gdb.texinfo (Threads): Document 'debug libthread-db'.
EOF

cd src/gdb
cvs admin -m 1.76:"`cat /tmp/ppluzhnikov-commit`" linux-thread-db.c
cvs admin -m 1.747:"`cat /tmp/ppluzhnikov-commit`" doc/gdb.texinfo

Thanks!
--
Paul Pluzhnikov

* Re: Please help in fixing commit message
@ 2010-08-02 20:53 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2010-08-02 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Pluzhnikov; +Cc: overseers

Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov@google.com> writes:

> In my last checkin, I screwed up commit message (used the patch itself
> instead of intended change-log message), and this makes output of 'cvs
> log' very confusing.
>
> I would greatly appreciate if one of you could fix my mistake:

Done.  Thanks for the script.

Ian