* Moving the Guile mailing list
@ 2000-08-25 12:08 ` Mikael Djurfeldt
From: Mikael Djurfeldt @ 2000-08-25 12:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: gang-of-four

Hi,

I'm one of the Guile maintainers.

For quite some time now, Cygnus, and, lately, Red Hat, have been
hosting the Guile mailing list.  You have been providing excellent
service and the mailing lists have really been working well.  We are
very grateful for this.

However, we are now trying to collect Guile things under one
umbrella---we're moving to the GNU machines.

We'll begin by moving the list guile@sourceware.cygnus.com.

I'm a little unsure about the best procedure to follow.

I guess we should begin with freezing new subscriptions to the list.
Could you then mail Jeff Bailey <jbailey@nisa.net> with the current
subscribers?

If ther was a wai to transfer the mailing-list archive, that would be
great.  Your mailer is ezmlm, right?  But in what format are the
archives?

Best regards,
/mdj

* Re: Moving the Guile mailing list
@ 2000-08-26 12:42   ` Jason Molenda
From: Jason Molenda @ 2000-08-26 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mikael Djurfeldt; +Cc: overseers, tromey, Jeff Bailey, gang-of-four

On Fri, Aug 25, 2000 at 09:07:56PM +0200, Mikael Djurfeldt wrote:

> We'll begin by moving the list guile@sourceware.cygnus.com.
>
> I'm a little unsure about the best procedure to follow.

Probably something like

1 Set up list on gnu.org
2 subscribe everyone to the gnu.org list

4 change the guile@sourceware list so no one can subscribe to it

5 subscribe `guile@gnu.org' to guile@sourceware so mail sent to guile@sourceware
  stands a chance of doing something correct.

6 announce the change, especially how to sub/unsub from the new list

You're a moderator for the guile list, that means that you can send
a note to guile-list@sources.redhat.com (that's the new canonical
name for the system).  You'll get back a list of all the subscribers
to guile.  Send a note to guile-digest-list@ to get the digest
subscribers.  Send a note to guile-log@ to get the transaction
history for the list -- when people subscribed, unsubscribed, were
added by hand, or were removed because their e-mail address became
invalid and was bouncing.  (ezmlm handles the last case automatically)
The transaction log is good to see if anyone has sneaked on to the list
while you were migrating it.

You'll have to do #1, #2, #6.  Someone on this side will be best able
to do #3, #4, #5.  So a little coordination is gonna be necessary.

> If ther was a wai to transfer the mailing-list archive, that would be
> great.  Your mailer is ezmlm, right?  But in what format are the
> archives?

ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/guile/mail-archives/ ...

PS-  I think there are guile-gtk and guile-emacs lists also on sourceware.

* Re: Moving the Guile mailing list
@ 2000-09-01  8:55     ` Mikael Djurfeldt
From: Mikael Djurfeldt @ 2000-09-01  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Molenda; +Cc: djurfeldt

Jason Molenda <jason-swarelist@molenda.com> writes:

> 4 change the guile@sourceware list so no one can subscribe to it
>
> 5 subscribe `guile@gnu.org' to guile@sourceware so mail sent to guile@sourceware
>   stands a chance of doing something correct.

Please go forth doing this.

Thanks,

@ 2000-09-01 13:35       ` Jason Molenda
From: Jason Molenda @ 2000-09-01 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: djurfeldt; +Cc: overseers, Jeff Bailey, gang-of-four

#3 and #5 are done.  I'll do #4 in a few minutes (I'll set the list
so that subscription requests are moderated, with no moderators,
and see if I can't make the message to the user explain where to
go to subscribe).

* Re: Moving the Guile mailing list
@ 2000-09-01 13:47         ` Mikael Djurfeldt
From: Mikael Djurfeldt @ 2000-09-01 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Molenda; +Cc: djurfeldt

Jason Molenda <jason-swarelist@molenda.com> writes:

> #3 and #5 are done.  I'll do #4 in a few minutes

Thanks!

* Re: Moving the Guile mailing list
@ 2000-09-03 13:51         ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2000-09-03 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Molenda; +Cc: djurfeldt, overseers, Jeff Bailey, gang-of-four

Jason> #3 and #5 are done.  I'll do #4 in a few minutes (I'll set the
Jason> list so that subscription requests are moderated, with no
Jason> moderators, and see if I can't make the message to the user
Jason> explain where to go to subscribe).

Jason, thanks for taking care of this.

Tom

* Re: Moving the Guile mailing list
@ 2000-12-30  6:08 ` Jason Molenda
From: Jason Molenda @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mikael Djurfeldt; +Cc: overseers, tromey, Jeff Bailey, gang-of-four

@ 2000-12-30  6:08 Mikael Djurfeldt
From: Mikael Djurfeldt @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: gang-of-four

[...]

@ 2000-12-30  6:08     ` Jason Molenda
                         ` (2 more replies)
From: Jason Molenda @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: djurfeldt; +Cc: overseers, Jeff Bailey, gang-of-four

#3 and #5 are done.  I'll do #4 in a few minutes (I'll set the list

@ 2000-12-30  6:08       ` Tom Tromey

From: Mikael Djurfeldt @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Molenda; +Cc: djurfeldt

From: Mikael Djurfeldt @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)