* rsync access to mailing list archives
@ 2020-05-12 11:40 Rainer Orth
From: Rainer Orth @ 2020-05-12 11:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: overseers

Before the sourcware upgrade, it was possible to incrementally copy the
mailing list archives using rsync.  This is still advertised on

	https://gcc.gnu.org/rsync.html

but this only includes the pre-upgrade archives.

Would it be possible to provide this feature for the current archives,
too?  The incremental update possibility has been quite convenient for
me: I've used it to keep a local copy of the gcc-testresults list which
allowed for detailed queries of testsuite failures across the whole
range of reported targets.

Currently, there's only the compressed archive of each month, which for
one isn't one file per message and cannot be re-transferred
incrementally.

Thanks.
        Rainer

From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2020-05-12 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi -

> Would it be possible to provide this feature for the current archives,
> too?  [...]

rsync now makes available the master .mbox files for every mailing
list hosted on sourceware:

       rsync gcc.gnu.org::gcc-mbox

This includes historical ezmlm era files as well as the new.

- FChE

* Re: rsync access to mailing list archives
@ 2020-05-12 15:28   ` Rainer Orth
From: Rainer Orth @ 2020-05-12 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Frank,

>> Would it be possible to provide this feature for the current archives,
>
> rsync now makes available the master .mbox files for every mailing
> list hosted on sourceware:
>
>        rsync gcc.gnu.org::gcc-mbox
>
> This includes historical ezmlm era files as well as the new.

excellent.  Thanks a lot for the blazingly fast solution.

	Rainer

Rainer Orth, Center for Biotechnology, Bielefeld University