* Re: archive? questions from new win32/pthreads user
@ 2004-08-24 14:40 Gianluca
From: Gianluca @ 2004-08-24 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Probably you need to put the file pthreadsVC.dll (you can download it
from ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/pthreads-win32/dll-latest/lib/) in
your system directory.

Gianluca

* Re: archive? questions from new win32/pthreads user
@ 2004-08-24 14:42 ` Bobby Krupczak
From: Bobby Krupczak @ 2004-08-24 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

> Probably you need to put the file pthreadsVC.dll (you can download it
> from ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/pthreads-win32/dll-latest/lib/) in
> your system directory.

Thanks; that does work as well as putting it in the current
directory.  However, I was wanting to statically link so I would not
need to install a dll.

Bobby

* Re: archive? questions from new win32/pthreads user
@ 2004-08-24 19:23   ` Rian Hunter
From: Rian Hunter @ 2004-08-24 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 2004-08-24 at 10:42, Bobby Krupczak wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > Probably you need to put the file pthreadsVC.dll (you can download it
> > from ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/pthreads-win32/dll-latest/lib/) in
> > your system directory.
>
> Thanks; that does work as well as putting it in the current
> directory.  However, I was wanting to statically link so I would not
> need to install a dll.

pthreads-win32 isn't distributed as a static library in binary form.
you're going to have to compile it with your application or just compile
a static library. open the pre-made project file from the source distrib
and change the target to a static library (using vc++). hope that helps.
-rian

* Re: archive? questions from new win32/pthreads user
@ 2004-08-24 19:49     ` Rian Hunter
From: Rian Hunter @ 2004-08-24 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 2004-08-24 at 15:22, Rian Hunter wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-08-24 at 10:42, Bobby Krupczak wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > > Probably you need to put the file pthreadsVC.dll (you can download it
> > > from ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/pthreads-win32/dll-latest/lib/) in
> > > your system directory.
> >
> > Thanks; that does work as well as putting it in the current
> > directory.  However, I was wanting to statically link so I would not
> > need to install a dll.
>
> pthreads-win32 isn't distributed as a static library in binary form.
> you're going to have to compile it with your application or just compile
> a static library. open the pre-made project file from the source distrib
> and change the target to a static library (using vc++). hope that helps.

oh yeah i forgot to mention. according to section 6a of the LGPL, if you
are going to publicly release whatever project you are working on and
you statically link pthreads-win32 you must also distribute the seperate
linkable object code of your program along with the pthreads-win32
library source.
-rian

* archive? questions from new win32/pthreads user
@ 2004-08-24 13:34 Bobby Krupczak
From: Bobby Krupczak @ 2004-08-24 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pthreads-win32

Hi!

Is there an archive for this list?  I have a bunch of questions and it
would be nice to search the archive.

The announcement on
http://sources.redhat.com/pthreads-win32/announcement.html
still points to pthreads-win32-subscribe@sourceware.cygnus.com

I'm trying to statically link a test app on xp using win32-pthreads.
When I run the app, I get a popup that said that it was unable to find
the .dll file.

I'm using MSVC6 with pthreadsVC.lib

Thanks,

Bobby