* thread suspend/resume
@ 2005-03-27  5:48 Robin Rowe
From: Robin Rowe @ 2005-03-27  5:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pthreads-win32

Is there a mechanism in Pthreads for Windows to enable suspend/resume on
threads similar to Windows threads?

Robin

* Re: thread suspend/resume
@ 2005-03-30 13:44 ` Ross Johnson
From: Ross Johnson @ 2005-03-30 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robin Rowe; +Cc: Pthreads-Win32 list

On Sat, 2005-03-26 at 21:48 -0800, Robin Rowe wrote:
> Is there a mechanism in Pthreads for Windows to enable suspend/resume on
> threads similar to Windows threads?

[I would have responded earlier only I've been out of town.]

Assuming you don't mean 'create suspended' - the underlying Win32 thread
handle can be returned via:-

HANDLE pthread_getw32threadhandle_np(pthread_t thread)

        Returns the win32 thread handle that the POSIX
        thread "thread" is running as.

        Applications can use the win32 handle to set
        win32 specific attributes of the thread.

(From README.NONPORTABLE)

Regards.
Ross